Saturday, March 2, 2013

Rabbits and Roses


Hello everyone.  I forgot to write my blog post for Saturday - Oops!  This card was supposed to be my final project for Rose Week.  Though I am also going to confess that this is not my favorite card ever, but I decided to share it anyway.

I wanted to try to make a circle of welded bunnies to use around center elements on a card.  I used Cricut Craft Room and Teresa Collins Bunnies and Chicks cartridge to create the circles (there are actually two).  I started with four bunnies placed at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock spaces.  I flipped and twisted the bunnies to fit the circle.  I then added filler bunnies at the 2, 4, 8, and 10 o'clock spaces, again flipping and twisting to reach the desired angles.  I then welded all of the bunnies together to create a circle-like shape.

I copied and pasted the bunny circle onto a second page in CCR, and enlarged the design a little bit.   I closed the CCR window containing the original bunny circle so that I could work in the shadow layer.  I clicked on the bunny feet line in CCR and removed the line - which removed the entire center of the design.  This left me a solid background with bunny edges.  I cut the is in light green, which is the layer immediately behind the pink bunnies and the basket on my card.


After cutting and layering my bunnies, I cut the Easter basket from Easter 2010.  I placed the basket in the middle of the bunny circle and I added a chocolate bunny to the basket.  Finally I used Art Philosophy and made my roses in coordinating cardstock.

I glued the card together and added layers of cardstock to create a bit of contrast.  Again, not my all time favorite card... but I did want to show you the welded bunny circles.


Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back on Monday with a new project for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  I hope to see you then....


1 comment:

katieo said...

This is my favorite card you made this week. I love the bunny poking his head out of the flower bowl. The circle of rabbits is adorable and i love pink and green. I hope to post mine in the morning. 3D roses are not my thing. I think I made them too small.