Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happiness Is....



Hello everyone.  Today I am sharing a card I have crafted for a friend whose birthday I forgot.... Oops.  Truly I am not a good person - I often forget birthdays until the day of.  Last year every one of my girlfriends got their cards late - except the one who got hers two weeks earlier.  Well I guess I am on the same schedule again this year.  All I can say is my lack of timeliness in no way is an expression of how much I care for the recipient!


This card was fun to make.  I used the Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month set, "Happiness is" along with my Silhouette Cameo to make this card.  I started with a basic light pink base card and added a strip of pretty floral cardstock.  On to that I add this beautiful Battenburg Lace cut.  The Battenburg Lace is a cut file available at SVGcuts.com.  I LOVE this file.  In addition to the Battenburg cuts, there are also number of other lace cuts included in the $6.99 file.  I used the basic square Battenburg cut, stretched a bit to fit my card front. 



 I used the create a circle tool in the Silhouette software and created two nesting ovals to fit the middle of the lace cut.  I cut the ovals in two colors of pink to match the flowers and ink colors.

I stamped my double layer stamped roses onto the light pink cardstock oval on the card and onto smooth white cardstock.  I used scissors to cut out the roses stamped on white.  I placed the cut out roses over top of the roses stamped on the oval, raising the larger rose with pop dots.  I added two leaves.  The roses were stamped in CTMH ink.  The bottom layer is Blush and the top is Hollyhock.  I love the CTMH pinks! 




I add a sentiment from the same stamp set to the inside of the card.  I stamped "Happiness is..." onto the pennant shape on the card front.  Both phrases were stamped with CTMH Hollyhock ink.

I have to tell you that I love this Battenburg lace cut and plan to use it a lot more often.  I cannot wait to see this cut as a background on a scrap page!



CTMH Products used on this card (click the product name to visit my on-line store):







Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share!




1 comment:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)