Thursday, March 7, 2013

Egg-stra Cute 3D Easter Decor


Hi everyone.  I have a quick post for you today.   This cute Easter egg was made with my Silhouette Cameo and a cut file from SVGcuts.com.  This egg can be found in the Poplar Street Tulips set - just click on the SVG link and it will take you to this set.


The egg has a lot of pieces, but is very easy to cut and assemble.  I worried that the lid might not fit well, but it was perfect. 

I cut the bottom half of the egg in Sorbet cardstock with carrot print decorative sections.  The top of the egg was cut in white cardstock with two different decorative panel cuts - a solid yellow and a yellow dot cardstock. 

I used gold gem strips and sheer ribbon to decorate the lid section,  I also add a printed sentiment tag to the top section of the egg.



I used a decorative ribbon trim around the bottom half of the egg.  I attached the ribbon so that it would peek out from under the lid.

Below is one final look at my Egg-stra cute 3D Easter Egg.  




Thanks for stopping by today.   I will be back tomorrow with a new project and perhaps a less brief post! 



3 comments:

Creative M said...

A GORGEOUS Creation!!love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Stephanie said...

So pretty, Susan. I don't have a Cameo but I love some of the cuts you can get.

Carole Beath said...

This is gorgeous.... I admire anyone using the Cameo.
Carole