Monday, March 18, 2013

Egg-ceptional Easter Egg Card


Hello everyone - are you ready for an egg-cellent Bitten by the Bug 2 weekly challenge?   I am hosting the BBTB2 challenge this week and I have asked the design team to use ANY EGG CUT from any Cricut cartridge to create an Egg-ceptional project!

When I was a little Susan I loved the sugar panoramic eggs that the Easter Bunny used to leave in my Easter Basket.  I would look at the tiny vignette inside the egg with fascination and delight, wondering how the Easter Bunny managed to create those tiny little flowers, bunnies, chicks, etc. inside my egg.  My fond memories of those sugary confections were the inspiration for today's Egg-ceptional egg card.


I used three Cricut cartridges to create my paper version of the panoramic egg:  Teresa Collins Easter Basket, Kate's ABCs, and Art Philosophy.   I used Cricut Craft Room to weld my eggs to create the base card and to size all other elements to fit the design.

I welded to eggs from Teresa Collins Easter Basket to create the base card.  I then copied one half of the egg to use as the background layer of the panoramic (blue print layer).  I coped the basic egg again and placed a smaller egg shape in the middle to cut out around the panoramic opening (the light pink layer).  I cut the decorative egg with the pretty cutouts in pink for the top of the card.  I then sized the decorative egg cut frame from Art Philosophy to fit the opening of the panoramic area.



The vignette inside the egg was created with cuts from Kate's ABCs.  I love this sweet little Bunny scene with the rabbit, flowers and dragonfly.  There is something so innocent and fragile looking about the rabbit.




At Bitten by the Bug 2 we truly love it when you join us in the weekly challenge.  I invite you to create your own NEW egg-stroidinary Egg project using an egg cut from any Cricut cartridge and join us at BBTB2 this week.  After posting your project to your blog use the linky under the Egg-ceptional Egg post at BBTB2.




Thanks for stopping by today to see my panoramic-like egg-cellent egg card.  I will be back with another new project tomorrow.  But in the meantime, please drop by Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out the fabulous egg projects the design team created for you!!


If you still do not own Close To My Heart's fabulous Art Philosophy cartridge perhaps you should ask the Easter Bunny to tuck the cartridge into your Easter Basket.  Art Philosophy is, bar none, my all time favorite Cricut Cartridge.  For more information on AP, visit my on-line CTMH store HERE.



15 comments:

Jayne said...

Your card is stunning Susan..love it!
Not happy with the Easter Bunny dude! He drives a car ;) and in the States he leaves beautiful panoramic eggs!!What is he like? Lol!
hugs
Jayne x

DonnaMundinger said...

That's "eggsactly" what I thought of when I saw your adorable card, Susan! I love panaoramic egss too. Fabulous! xxD

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!!

Craftin Desert Divas said...

I have an Easter linky party at www.craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com hope you'll stop by and link up.


Tara

Carole Beath said...

I love your sweet little card, Susan.... ad oh my, those panoramic eggs are fabby fabby.
Carole

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a beautiful and elegant egg Susan. So reminds me of the panoramic eggs which I love too. I love the adorable little bunny from Kate's ABC. Thanks for creating with us at BBTB2.

melanie said...

Love this! Then again I love everything you make!

Stephanie said...

Exactly like a panoramic egg. So beautiful, Susan. I love them too. You picked the perfect little scene to use.

Caroline said...

Your egg and scene is beautiful. I love how you put the Kate's abc's image inside the egg. Kate's abc's has to be one of my favorite cartridges!

Caroline

Brenda said...

What a stunning card Susan!! I've seen these sugary eggs, but never received one from the Easter Bunny. lol Guess I wasn't a good girl! I love your paper reproduction of this sugary treat! I can just see it in my mind's eye, how cute this would be all in sugar and just how cute it is all in paper! Fabulous!! Hugs!

Scrapping Girl said...

I've never seen a panoramic egg before-I was amazed looking at your photo. Clearly I have missed out! Although they appear too beautiful to eat. Your card is amazing-love the scene with the bunny from Kate's ABCs and it does indeed give the 3D feel of the panoramic eggs.
:)
Michelle

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card love the cuts the bunny is so cute
DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Beautiful!!! Love your panoramic egg card!! :)

shelly said...

awesome as always susan :) i could (and have) just sit at your blog and oooh and ahhh all day :)

~JulieH~ said...

This is so beatiful Susan! Never seen panoramic eggs before aren't they lovely
Hugs
Juliexx