Monday, March 11, 2013

Easter Bunny Roadster


Hello everyone!   I have been on a mini blogging vacation since my last post last Thursday.  I had number of things to take care of for my weekend activities.... A day in Spartanburg at Scrapbook Creations with five friends and a baby shower on Sunday!

I am back from my mini va-ca just in time for this weeks Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  My wonderfully sweet design team sister Suzanne selected this weeks Cricut Challenge - Bring on the Bunnies!  With Easter less than three weeks away Suzanne felt it was time to pull out the stops on the Easter Bunnies.  Our challenge this week at BBTB2 is to use any Bunny from any Cricut Cartridge to create a Bunny-rific project.





I decided to give you a peek into the Easter Bunny's mode of transportation.  My fun Easter Bunny is from the Create a Critter cartridge.  Cut in classic white, pink and black cardstock layers, the Bunny is sporting a twine bow tie and googly eyes.  My suave Mr. Bunny is driving his 1920's Roadster classic.  I love the old roadsters so I was thrilled to find this classic car on the Art Deco cartridge.  And because we are talking about THE Easter Bunny, the car is done in lavender and yellow with fun flower headlights.  Admit it, you knew all along that he did not HOP house to house with all of that candy!



My base card for this project is not the usual rectangle, but a quadrilateral (geometry speak for a four sided figure with only two parallel sides).  I used Cricut Basic Shapes in CCR to design my card.  I scored two folds into the card to make the Z shape.  With pop dots and glue dots I built the 3D Bunny and roadster on the front of the card.

I cut jelly bean paper to highlight each section of the card.  And OF COURSE the carrots!!  The Bunny Roaster and the Easter Bunny each need their energy.  Being environmentally friendly both the Bunny and the roadster are fueled on carrots!




The back panel of the card has a white insert sheet for stamping Happy Easter and writing a personalized note. 

I plan to send this card to my nephew - I think every boy of nearly five years of age deserves to know how the Easter Bunny gets around!




Remember at BBTB2 we love it when you join us in the weekly challenge.  This week use any Bunny from any Cricut cartridge to create your bunny project.  Once your NEW project has been posted to your blog, link up with us at BBTB2 for your chance to win the BBTB2 Project of the Week blog button.  But before you do all of that, please head over to the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog for some great Bunny inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a cute card to share!




17 comments:

Jayne said...

Oh no.. I am gutted...the Easter Bunny is meant to hop from house to house! Lol! Next you'll be telling us there's no Tooth Fairy!!
LOVE your card it is totally bunny-riffic. Great shape and fab roadster and carrots. Sounds like you've been having fun.
Hugs
Jayne x

melanie said...

This card is ridiculously cute! I love love love it!

Carole Beath said...

Oh my oh my, this is just so so cute cute. I love that bunny and all those carrots riding along with the sweet bunny.
Carole

Pam said...

I just love this darling card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

snappy scrappy said...

Super sweet...great fold!! Lee-Ann :)

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! SOOOO STINKIN' CUTE!!!!!!! I ADORE it, Susan! YOU ROCK! xxD

Margie said...

Susan, this is absolutely adorable! Love all the carrots, cute bunny and fab design!

Scrapping Girl said...

Oh Susan, I laughed so much reading your post-so funny and cute!!!!! Of course the Easter Bunny would have a lavender roadster-so perfect for him!! I love the whole card, especially the little touches like the inking on the carrots and the roadster. It's so good to know the Easter Bunny is caring for the environment with carrot fuel, lol! Thanks for the lovely warm welcome to the team-I almost had to pinch myself to believe I was be a part of it! Too fun ;) Michelle

Katherine said...

Susan, saw this on BBTB2 and just HAD to pop over and tell you how absolutely darling it is!!

Caroline said...

I absolutely love your card shape. I would love to know how you made that shape! All those carrots, that is one healthy bunny! Love the lavender car with the flower headlights, adorable!
Caroline

Stephanie said...

First of all, Susan, I love this shape card. This is just too cute. Love the car, and the bunny, and the carrots, and those adorable flower headlights. This is just fabulous.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Susan, this card is just too stinkin' cute! I can't stand it, it is so cute!! I love the shape, and I love, love his fab car! But your write up was just the cutest! I laughed and chucked the whole read! Fabulous my friend! Hugs!

Sharon said...

WOW!!! This is most awesome Susan!! I so love the shape of your card and this adorable bunny in his roadster!! But I am crushed to know that the bunny doesn't hop from house to house!! :) Love the carrots and flower headlights. And that wonderful jelly bean paper. :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I am in awe!!!!!! What a wonderful design and I love the bunny and his cute little car. The carrots are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

shelly said...

susan this is just awesome and your post both saddened me, as i thought bunny hippity hopped his way all over the world ;)and made me amile too, a carrot fueled roadster! your so creative :)

Lee Ellen Chinn said...

Love this card. What are the measurements?
Lee Ellen Chinn
wigellen@aol.com

Mary Decker said...

I adore your card! How hard you worked. But it was worth it, because you 've created a magnificent card! Happy Easter!