Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cup of Tea Anyone?


Hello everyone.  Today I am going to begin a new series of Wednesday posts which I plan to call Event Wednesdays.  I have two events/parties coming up in the next few weeks and as I already have plans to paper craft various favors, invitations, etc. for the events, I thought dedicating one day each week to the events might provide me with a way to share photos with you.

My first event is a Tea Party with my girlfriends on Palm Sunday.  I am planning a "low tea" for a more comfortable and relaxed afternoon.  For information on the different types of Teas, visit one of my favorite sites, Pamela at Downton Abbey Cooks.  Pamela has a wonderful on-line guide to the various types of teas (she also has a new Edwardian cookbook that is wonderful).  My tea is a "low tea" in that we will sit not at the dining table, but in more relaxed and comfortable seating in the living room.  I may use my round coffee table as a tea table.


I started planning this event a few weeks ago, but was not sure what to do other than tea and snacks.  Then I happened upon this wonderful cut file at SVGcuts.com.  This cut file includes the patterns for these wonderful tea cups, a tea pot and other tea items.  I knew as soon as I saw them that these cups would make wonderful party favors!   The set is called Tea For You and Me.  I suppose I should add that there is a 25% off sale going on at SVGcuts.com

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the cup elements. You could use any machine that allows you to cut SVG files.

I cut eight of the cups - one for each guest - each in a different color scheme.  I not only used rose prints, but also violets, dogwoods, and peonies.  The colors include the red and blue shown here, but also green, lavender, pink, yellow and black, peach and rose.  Each cup has a contrasting interior and a matching saucer.  I finished the top edge of each cup with liquid pearls.


I plan to fill the cups with some type of confection and then package the set in a cello bag with a ribbon.  I always enjoy providing a little take home favor to help the attendees remember the party.  Next Wednesday I will share the tea pot with you.



Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my tea cups.  This is a time consuming but wonderful cut file and would be perfect for any tea party (bridal shower, birthday party, etc) in your future!


5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Fabulous...amazing teacups!! Lee-Ann :)

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!!!! These look real! Love, love, love, love, LOVE! Can I come? xxD (BTW, how far are you from Atlanta?)

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!!!! These look so REAL:) Very cool and love the papers you used:)
Amazing!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tina M said...

WOW! what beautiful teacups! the papers are perfect for a Tea Party! :)

Tina

Stephanie said...

These are gorgeous, Susan. Can't wait to see them all together.