Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Come For Tea

(Click photo to enlarge)

It's Event Wednesday here at Busy with the Cricky.  Today I am sharing the cardstock tea pot I plan to use as part of the center piece at this Sunday's tea party.  Currently I have six or seven girlfriends planning to join me for tea on Sunday afternoon.  I have planned an assortment of appropriate tea foods as well as perfect beverages.  I am, however, putting the finishing touches on the decor and shopping list.

(Click photo to enlarge)

 
This tea pot is nothing short of fabulous!  The designers at SVGcuts need to pat themselves on the back for this one.  The tea pot is part of the same SVG set that I used to cut last Wednesday's teacups.  I am so impressed with how real both the teacups and the tea pot look.  Assembly of the tea pot was not difficult, and would have been even easier had I checked YouTube before I finished assembling!!  I used some of the same cardstock prints and colors on the tea pot that I had used on the tea cups so that they would all coordinate together. 

My plan is to remove the lid and place it beside the tea pot.  I will then place a small vase or glass inside the tea pot and fill the glass with water and fresh flowers.  This should make a striking center piece.


(Click photo to enlarge)



The tea pot has two layers - the colonial white base layer and the Graphic45 Garden floral layer.  I used Bazzill purple cardstock to cut the accent pieces.  The teapot was embellished with liquid pearls for accent.

(Click photo to enlarge)



The napkin in the first and fourth photo is one of those sent to me by my sweet friend Carole.  They are PERFECT for my tea and I am very excited to use them. 

I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share.  I managed to get quite a few things made over the last weekend while crafting with my friends.





9 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...beautiful!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...beautiful!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Now I really ,really, REALLY want a Cameo! That teapot is to die for! Love, love, LOVE! xxD

Stephanie said...

Susan, this is gorgeous! I love my cricut but I wish they would design 3D like this. The napkin is beautiful and so elegant. Ya'll will have such a wonderful time. I just love the teacups and teapot.

Carole Beath said...

The teapot is just absolutely most beautiful...and how pleased I am to see the embroidery napkin sitting in the pretty scene.
Carole

melanie said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!

Caroline said...

The teapot is sooo beautiful and feminine. I love teapots and have a couple old ones handed down in the family. Love the cup, too, so pretty!
Caroline

shelly said...

oh my goodness susan this is fabulous! wow!!

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! This teapot and teacup are simply stunning! I love your papers choices and think that it will make a stunning center piece with flowers in it! Love those napkins too, that Carole is another talented lady!!! Hugs!