Thursday, March 21, 2013

Basket Full of Easter Wishes



Hello everyone.  Today I have a cute Easter basket card to share with you.  This is the project I shared with my stamp club last Saturday.  They seemed to really like it and I hoped that perhaps you would too.  I also am hoping that my mother will like this easel fold card Easter card as it is currently in an envelop addressed to my mom!



I used two Cricut cartridges to create this card - Doodlecharms and Art Philosophy.  Using Cricut Craft Room and CTMH Kraft cardstock I cut out the basic basket cut.  The baskets were embossed with the Chicken Wire embossing folder.  

I welded two baskets together, attached at their bottoms.  I added a rectangle to the top edge of one basket to use to adhere the double baskets to the front basket.  After cutting the welded baskets, I removed the basket handles, scored the center fold and tab fold and set the insert aside.



Using the Chantilly paper packet and the Art Philosophy cartridge, I cut two print eggs and two solid eggs as well as decorative egg frames. I used the Close To My Heart Easter Wishes stamp set to to stamp the solid eggs, the front sentiment - Easter Egg-citement - and the inside sentiment. I also stamped the Chickie for the front of the card.
After gluing the eggs to the "inside" of the basket, I applied glue to the top of folded tab and glued the double baskets to the back of the eggs and front basket.  When folded the basket layers line up nicely.




When opened the card folds out to reveal the message inside.  And ...  the strip at the bottom of the sentiment works wonderfully as a stop for the easel card!!

The card was finished with ribbon and the Chickie image added to the front of the card.  As I stated above, the CTMH stamp club ladies liked this card and I hope that you did too.




I used a number of CTMH products which makes sense as this was for CTMH stamp club.  The products included:










3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So darn cute!!

Brenda said...

I am sure your mother will love this fabulous shaped easel basket card! I love it!! Love that embossing folder and love your cute chick and all the Easter eggs! You are just amazing Suzan!! Too much talent for one person, lol. Hugs! PS: yes I'm jealous! lol

Live Love and Scrap said...

OH MY!!!! How cute is this card...SOOOOOO CUTE!!! I LOVE that you made it an easel card...something I rarely do!! That chicken wire embossing folder is AMAZING!!! I have never seen it before!!!

hugs,
Sarah