Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Special Thank You Card


Hello everyone.  Today I have a thank you card to share... but not just any thank you, but a special thank you card for a special gift!  My friend Carole Lowe Beath sent me the most beautiful embroidered napkin sets, as well as other wonderful handmade items, which I adored.  I cannot say enough about Carole's fabulous sewing - the linen napkins are so pretty and will coordinate with several of my dish sets.  And most fun of all, I plan to use them at my up-coming tea party and I know the ladies will love them.



I knew that I needed to make an especially pretty thank you card for Carole both because I love my gift from her so much and because she too is a card maker of great talent.  I decided to enlist the assistance of Close To My Heart printed cardstock and inks as well as Heartfelt Creations dies and flower stamps. 

I began by cutting the two layer Heartfelt Creations baskets.  I then cut six HC flowers and the two leafy branches.  Using CTMH ink I stamped the flowers and leafy sections.  Using liquid glue and brads, the flowers were assembled and along with the leaves, attached to the basket front.


I used a variety of Close To My Heart solid and print cardstock scraps to create the layered front of the card.  The sentiment "Sincere Thanks" is a Close To My Heart stamp. 



I was very happy with Carole's card and I hope she was too.  I waited until I knew it arrived at her door before posting to the blog.  I thought Carole should see it in person for the first time and not see it on my blog first.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with my Event Wednesday post. 

5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Stephanie said...

This is such a pretty card, Susan. That basket is gorgeous. I know Carole love4d it.

Sharon said...

Oh WOW!!!! How beautiful!!!!!!! :)

Carole Beath said...

Oh what a delight it was to find this most beautiful card in my mailbox... a card made by you just for me. Thank you so much, Susan, for sending this beautiful card to me.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Carole is a Sweetie! And what a beautiful card. Reminds me I have that basket die...somewhere. LOL Fabulous work. xxD