Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sweet Spring Card with Cricut and Digi Stamp


Hello everyone!  I have had a case of the ickies this week and simply was not up to writing a new post yesterday.  Apparently I picked up a most unpleasant virus someplace over the last week (depending on the incubation period).   Thankfully I am feeling a bit better today - just well enough to be bored, ha!



During my trip to Spartanburg last weekend (and I do wonder if that was ground zero for the virus?) I had the opportunity to work on a couple of Dilly Beans digi stamps.  For this card I used  Dilly Beans #396-Amalia flower fairy digi stamp and Close To My Heart alcohol markers.  I love the wings on this fairy and the flowers in her hair.  She is such a little girlie-girl!


Using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge I cut out three roses and the scalloped frame.  I placed the frame off the right edge of the card and trimmed away the over hang section.  The fairy image was attached over the top of the frame.  The roses were rolled and added to three of the card corners.  I cut the individual words from a printed sentiment and attached them to the front of the card using tiny pop dots.


I used a black base card so that the digi image and the other elements would POP off of the card. Inside I used a pink rectangle from the reverse side of the tiny floral print.  I used black ink to stamp the sentiment inside the card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hopefully I will be back to normal and back with a new post tomorrow!


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

She's very cute, Susan. I love the way you colored her. Love all the flowers and the papers.

Brenda said...

Such a bright and springy card Susan! I love that little girl and you are right she is a girlie girl! lol I love how you colored her and I love how all the colors pop on the black background!!! I am so glad that you are on the mend my friend, stay feeling well!! Hugs!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh I love this, Susan! the black base is genius. the colors really do POP and the flowers are so sweet and girly. xxD