Wednesday, February 20, 2013

STRIKE!!


Hello everyone!  I have had a crazy week and am just now getting a sane moment to tell you about this fun bowling card.  This card was cut with the SVG file called Green Room from SVG.com.  I cut the card elements using my Silhouette Cameo.

What prompted me to make this card was my older son Aaron.  For some unknown reason Aaron developed an interest in bowling.  I have NO idea when this interest first developed, but I was quite amused when, last summer, he told me he had purchased an unlimited bowling pass!   It made me wonder if those bowling birthday parties from when he was younger had influenced him more than I thought.  Anyway, this fun bowling card is perfect for Aaron!


I recently learned something new when using my Silhouette software that makes using SVGs much easier.  Previously when I opened an SVG file I had to locate the file someplace on the screen - sometimes way far off of the mat.  I discovered that if I go to File, Preferences, Importing Options and click the "center" on the "When importing SVGs" I no longer have to search for my cut files.  This action must be repeated each time you re-open the software, but it centers all of the images onto the center of the mat so I no longer play hide and seek with my cuts.

I have been taking the Silhouette classes at Jessica Sprague .com and I must say they have been wonderfully educational.  Using the Silhouette software is very easy, but I knew there were many tools that I was missing out on.  The courses have been wonderful about unlocking the mysteries of the Silhouette software and I highly recommend the silhouette courses.


I know this is a quick post and I do appreciate you stopping by today.  Hopefully the rest of my week will calm down and I will be back with another new project.



 

6 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

This is fabulous!!!! Perfect for a bowler!! Lee-Ann :)

Betsy said...

I made this same card for my brother-in-law's January birthday, and I'm in the process of making the matching gift bag for my father-in-law's Feb. 21st birthday! I just love it for a bowler!
I had the same problem with not being able to find my cuts on the mat, and I emailed Leo at SVG Cuts. He immediately sent me directions for finding them, and they work perfectly now. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SVG Cuts!!! The BEST customer service you'll ever find!
I also just started the Jessica Sprague classes ~ I've only done about two so far, but they're great!

Jennifer said...

Hi Susan,

You did a great job!!! :) Your son will love it!

I can't ever get enough from SVG Cuts! Their directions, videos, and customer service are so helpful!!!!!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Stephanie said...

This one is super, Susan. This is the perfect bowling card. Love each element.

shelly said...

oh my gosh i love this!

Rosie said...

super cool card

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com