Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rose Easter Banner

(Click on the photo to see larger)

Hello everyone.   Today is day three of Rose Week.  Today I am going to share my new Easter banner with you.  I do love banners and I like the way they look in my home.  I started to place this one on an antique cabinet, hanging from the shelves, and Doug walked in and asked, "You're not going to put over the fireplace?"  I thought he might be tired of my banners hanging from the mantle, but I guess not!



I used three Cricut cartridges to create this banner:  Pretty Pennants, Art Philosophy, and the font from Martha Stewart Birthday Cakes.  My idea was to use the wrought iron pennant cut in a pretty variegated pink cardstock,  a solid background, a pretty but readable font, and roses on the corners.  And while that is what I started out with, my plan took a left turn along the way.


I cut the pretty variegated pink cardstock detailed pennant pieces and in removing them from the mat I glanced at the back of the cuts... and FELL IN LOVE with the printed side!!  And though this is not the soft, elegant banner I had planned, I really like the elements. 

I found a solid pink cardstock that matched my printed cardstock and cut the letters with MS Birthday Cake cartridges. 



I chose to used a cardstock a shade darker to cut the roses. The roses were cut at 2.8 inches and rolled using the quilling tool. I used strong liquid glue to attach the roses to the corners of the pennant pieces.




I used my sewing machine to sew the pennant sections to the striped ribbon.  I gathered the ribbon behind the pennant section corners and then sewed the corners to the ribbon.   I finished the ends by tying a bow and leaving a bit of ribbon hanging.

And here is one more peek at my Easter banner.  Thanks for stopping by today for day three of Rose Week.  I hope to be back again tomorrow for Rose Week day four!



4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Pretty banner!! Lee-Ann :)

Mollie said...

This is beautiful! I absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing!

Emily (molliemugsblog.blogspot.com)

Mollie said...

This is beautiful! I absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing!

Emily (molliemugsblog.blogspot.com)

Stephanie said...

Another beautiful banner, Susan. I may have to make one myself. Thanks for the inspiration.