Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Puttin' on the Ritz! Rose Week Post #2


Hello everyone.  Since this is my week to host the Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge and I chose the 3D Rose cut (see yesterday's post below or visit BBTB2) from the Art Philosophy Cartridge, I thought I would do a week of Rose projects!!  Today's project is a card that would be great for an anniversary or for your friends who dance!!!



Last spring my husband and I took dance lessons with our friends Nick and Peggy.  Doug and I had such a wonderful time that we signed up for a second ten weeks and learned a few additional dances.  I knew when I first spotted this stamp at Krafting Kimmie's Stamps that I had to have this fabulous couple!



I stamped the image on smooth white Close To My Heart cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. 

I used Couture Creations Timeless Embossing folder, from their Romantique Collection on black cardstock to create the base card.  I then embossed a sheet of CTMH Hollyhock cardstock using the same embossing folder and trimmed out the sections I wanted to use on the front of the card.



I used CTMH Champagne colored ink to highlight the embossed texture of the card.  I then matted my dance couple on the Hollyhock mat and affixed them to the front of the card.

I used the Art Philosophy cartridge and cut three roses, one in Hollyhock, one in Sorbet, and one in printed scrap from my stash.  After rolling and assembling the roses I attached them to the front of the card and added black pearls.  The pearls were also added to the card front.

Inside the card I added a white tag shape like those on the front to hold my future sentiment. 





Thanks for stopping by for day two of Roses here at Busy with the Cricky!!!



5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...great colouring and embossing! Lee-Ann :)

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Love the design of your card and that digi is great! Wonderful job. ~Tami

Stephanie said...

Well, this is fabulous, Susan. Love the dance couple. The elegant flowers are the perfect finishing touch.

katieo said...

Stunning I love the color combination and the dancing image

Carole Beath said...

I love this card... the couple dancing are perfect and oh my those paper roses are just wonderful.