Friday, February 15, 2013

One Final St. Valentine Card


Hello everyone.  I have one final 2013 St. Valentine card to share with you - my Valentine to my honey, Doug.  Above, Doug and I are about to head out for a quiet St. Valentine's Day dinner.  Bethany snapped a few photos of us before we hit the very busy roads.


Doug's Valentine card was made using the Silhouette Cameo using an SVG file from SVG.com.  I used darker colors than on the sample card at SVG.com.  I used music print cardstock as a background on the white card because Doug is a wonderful musician.  I inked the music cardstock and the gray layer on the heart in black ink.  I assembled the layers and added light pink hearts as a top layer.


I stamped the "you're SWEET" tag using Close To My Heart stamps and CTMH Ruby ink.  Inside the card I also used CTMH stamps.  I added a bit of black lace to the top of the tag shaped card.

Below, Doug's tube of kisses uses the same cardstock as I used on Bethany's tube.  However, Doug's tube was trimmed in black lace to match his Valentine Card.  I used a small bit of twine to add the "LOVE U LOTS" tag. 


Doug and I went out to dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day.  We shared an appetizer with cocktails.  We ordered our own entrees and we each took dessert to go.  Half of my dinner and all of my dessert is still in the refrigerator, though I may sneak in for quick taste of the dessert soon.

Bethany, our photographer of the night, snapped a couple of quick photos of her dad and I as she was getting ready to go on a date with a fellow teacher....  He was taking her out for an Italian dinner and I can't wait to hear about her evening!!  In the meantime, below is one more of her photos.







6 comments:

teachdanz said...

gorgeous card and great pictures!! I love how you call it "St." Vaentines day!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Awww, such lovely pix and your card and little tube are fab. We've got leftovers in the fridge too. Gonna be a yumbo day. xxD

snappy scrappy said...

Pretty card an treat tube...great pic too!! Lee-Ann :)

Stephanie said...

Pretty card. Love the pics.

~JulieH~ said...

gorgous card and treat tube Susan. I got the Cameo for Christmas must really make time to get usd to it! What a lovely photo of you and your hubby
hugs
Juliexx

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Susan as well as candy container tube, but it is the pictures of you and Doug that are just perfect!! I'm glad that you two got out for a nice dinner but mostly I am glad that you were feeling better to go out! Hugs!