Monday, February 11, 2013

Love is in the Air with BBTB2


Hey-o everyone!  Happy Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday morning!  I have a new challenge to share and new info to share.  First the news.... The BBTB2 design team is thrilled to announce that we have two new team members, Sharon from Meemee's Creations and Caroline from Card Creations by Caroline!!  We are so excited to add Sharon and Caroline to the team and I know you are going to love their work!

Now on to this week's Cricut Challenge - My sweet and talented Design Team sister Brenda chose this week's challenge cut.  Knowing Valentine's Day is this week, Brenda was excited about love being in the air and chose appropriately.  In this week's challenge you must use either a Heart, a Cupid, or BOTH(!) in your project!!  Being a bit of a suck-up, I decided to use both cuts!



I used three Cricut cartridges to create this fun St. Valentine Banner:  Pretty Pennants, Victorian Romance, and Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art.  I designed the banner in Cricut Craft Room and used four colors of cardstock and cut out my design. 



I just love this elegant lattice and swirl cut pennant top.  In fact I would go so far as to admit I probably purchased the cartridge just to get this pretty cut.  I used Close To My Heart Ruby cardstock to cut the lattice pennant top.  I used CTMH white cardstock to the base pennants.  After gluing the white and red layers together I used  a piercing tool and added dangling crystals to the bottom point of the pennant sections.


I used the Victorian Valentine cartridge and same two cardstocks mentioned above to cut the adorable little cupids,  I cut the cupids to use a spacers between the four pennant letters.  The middle cupid is matted on a pretty pink heart cut with CTMH Blush cardstock.  Again I used the piercing tool to add crystals to the cupids - but at the top instead of the bottom.



I am actually very pleased with my pennant.  I sometimes have a tendency to over-do a design. In this case I almost added roses to the top corners of the pennant pieces, but I decided that the lattice cuts were pretty enough to stand along.  My friends will have to pick up their jaws when they read that last sentence.  I never use the "less is best" design method! LOL.

We love it when you play along with us at BBTB2... And this week's challenge is especially easy as most of us will be crafting Valentine cards.  Use the Mr. Linky at BBTB2 and add your NEW heart or cupid project to the weekly challenge.

Challenge Entries:
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges - Ch#3 MAINLY RED
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - Challenge #148 - Be My Valentine
Exploring Cricut - Be My Valentine


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow to share more Valentine joy!!

19 comments:

katieo said...

Stunning project. The bead accents add elegance. I love the candles and everything on your shelves. Have a great day.

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...that is so gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

Carole Beath said...

Wonderful. You know how I love making banners and wall hangings. This is perfect, and I know you will hang this every single Valentine's Day from here on out.
Hugs
Carole

Stephanie said...

Susan, this is the most elegant and beautiful Valentine banner I've ever seen.

Kathy:) said...

I love this banner. I looking into finding that cartridge to make the lacy banners. beautiful!
Kathy:)

moknowsall said...

absolutely my fav of the week. i wish i had these carts - but i can improvise with Artise.

maureen

Caroline said...

What an awesome banner. I just love the cupids and the hearts between the banners. It is just perfect!
Caroline

Brenda said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! This is stunning and amazing! Looks so beautiful this banner does Susan!! I am going to lift this idea for sure, only I will have to come up with another cart in place of the Victorian Romance as I don't have that one, although it is on my wish list. lol I just can't get over how beautiful and stunning this banner is!! So elegant! Ok doesn't look like it, but I'm speechless! lol Hugs!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Absolutely EXQUISITE! the detailed lacy look gives me shivers it's so beautiful! FAbulous, Susan and I'm so glad you're feeling better. xxD

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is most beautiful!!! I so love love love it! The pennants and those wonderful cupids! Awesomeness for sure!! :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I definitely need one of these for my hearth. Love the Pennant cuts and the adorable cupid. Just a beautiful banner.

Janice said...

Oh my goodness, this is so beautiful. My 20th wedding anniversary is the 13th. Think I'll warm up my Cricut and get to cutting!! TFS, Janice

Jayne said...

Your banner is stunning Suzanne.Love the cuts you selected and that you kept with the 4 colour colour palette.
Hugs
Jayne x

Diane said...

Fabulous banner and your mantel is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

Sharon said...

Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!! :)

Creative M said...

WOW!!Absolutely Amazing,Gorgeous & very BEAUTIFUL!
Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day,
Migdalia

mum of two said...

How beautiful Susan! I love the banner you made, it is stunning! I wish I had ANY of those cartridges... Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Exploring Cricut this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
Purple Monkey Moments

Susie Craft Happy! said...

This is absolutely adorable! !!!

Susie

TheTulipCollector said...

Great banner. I love the blingage you added. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.