Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Embellished Frame Paper Doll Fun


Hello everyone.  I spent a wonderfully fun and creative time with six girlfriends at Scrapbook Creations in Spartanburg, SC.  We stayed Friday through Sunday and had a fabulous time.  In addition to scrapping layouts, card making, and SHOPPING (did I mention that everything except machines was on 45% off sale?), I also made this sweet framed 3D scene. 


I began with a few NEW Close To My Heart products:  Paper Doll Stamp Set, Chantilly Paper Packet, and Hollyhock Zipper Lace.   I also used My Creations Bracket Frame and CTMH Alcohol Markers.  I stamped the images from the stamp set onto CTMH white smooth cardstock in Chocolate Brown CTMH ink and colored each of the images with CTMH markers.  Using micro-tipped scissors the images were cut out and set aside.


Having previously selected to use the new Chantilly Paper Pack (and matched the marker colors to the papers) I used trimmed the yellow print to fit the frame as a background.  I selected the solid color Pacifica blue cardstock from the Chantilly pack and using the Cricut and the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge I cut the cover for the front of the frame.   After measuring the frame I opened and sized label shape in Cricut Craft Room.  I then inserted an unwelded square nearly the same size as the frame opening into the center of the shape and completed the cut.  I used smooth drying liquid glue to attach the cardstock to the frame.  


I selected print cardstock sheets from the Chantilly set and again using the Cricut and the Art Philosophy cartridge I cut 13 roses in two prints.  I also cut three sets of leaves again using Chantilly cardstock.  I rolled the roses using the CTMH quiling tool and attached the leaves and roses to the frame.


After assembling the frame I returned to the stamped images and the yellow background print cardstock.  I added a strip of "grass" to the bottom of the yellow cardstock and I added the Zipper edged Holly Hock lace.  I placed my stamped girl standing on the lawn with a glass of lemonade.  Using glue and pop-dots, the mini clothes pins were attached to the baker's twine and the background.  The closes where hung on the line and the sign was added to the "lawn". 





As cute as this frame looks in the photos, I can honestly say it is even more adorable in real life!  Below I have listed the items used to make the scenes and linked each item back to my Close To My Heart on-line store.

PRODUCTS Used:
Chantilly Paper Pack
My Creations Bracket Frame
Paper Doll Stamp Set
Hollyhock Zipper Lace
Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge
CTMH Markers
Mini Clothes Pins
White Cardstock
Chocolate Ink



The new Spring/Summer 2013 Catalog is now available

Beginning to day you can begin order from the wonderful selection of new products. I must say I am very pleased with the new lines!!! You can view the on-line catalog at my CTMH on-line store or for $5.00 you can have your own copy at home to browse, bookmark, and copy projects. Using the link in the upper right sidebar to order your copy of the Spring/Summer 2013 catalog.




Get the Stamp of the Month set for just $5 (S1302A) when you place an order of $50 or more. Jump-start the fun by ordering the items from the list below to create this artwork!  Available February 1-28, 2013




Studio J Special

February is sure to be a month of Digital Delights because you can purchase any Studio J® layout for only $5*—that’s a savings of $1.95 per layout! This is a great opportunity to try Studio J for the first time. Create adorable baby layouts with the Wishes and Fishes kit (shown), or use the new Express Collections with collections of 10 ready-made layouts plus a front and back cover that are easy to use and professionally designed. Preserve your memories at a low price for a truly digital delight!




Indulge your desire to create gorgeous layouts in minutes—it’s easy, fast, and fun with Studio J!Your artsy side will be inspired by the variety of timeless patterns, your creative side will love the themed kits, and the over-achiever in you will be thrilled at how much scrapbooking you get done!
*Shipping/handling applies. Studio J credits must be redeemed before this promotion can be applied.
Offer valid February 1–28, 2013.





4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So cute!! Lee-Ann :)

Stephanie said...

Susan this is super cute. So girlie. I hope you have a special place for this or someone special to give it to. This took so much time. The paper dolls are adorable and the flowers are beautiful. Love it.

Kathy Brockman said...

Beautiful creation! It sounds like quite a tedious project, so it know it needs a loving home -- with ME!

Kathy

Brenda said...

Wow, this is amazing Susan!! I love the blue frame with the yellow pic in it. Cute stamps too! I hope you have a special place for this cute little spring frame! Hugs!