Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentine's From Your Teacher


Hello everyone!  I have spent a couple of afternoons helping my daughter get Valentine's ready for her students.  Bethany told me that her second graders are experts at losing their pencils so we knew pencils HAD to be part of her gift to the kids.  When I ran across this SVG cut file at SVG.com I knew this was a perfect Valentine for Bethany's kids.


There are four pieces to this cut file - the background double heart cut with the arrow tip, the larger left side heart and the smaller right side heart.  The cut file comes with full pages of each cut so I did not even have to set up a cut file!! 

I used Close To My Heart Ruby cardstock to cut the background double hearts and the arrow tip.  The conversation heart cardstock used to cut the larger hearts was from my Valentine stash.  The smaller hearts were cut with CTMH Smoothie (pink) cardstock.


Before assembling I used CTMH Ruby ink and CTMH stamps and stamped a sentiment onto the smaller heart.  I then used liquid glue to assemble the hearts.  I finished the Valentine's by inserting a Valentine pencil (on sale at my local hobby store - SCORE!) and attaching the arrow tip and tying ribbon around the "feather" end of pencil.


In addition to the Pencil Valentine cards, Bethany is also giving each of her students a rose - a Jolly Rancher sucker filled rose!  The rose cut is also from SVG.com.  This was soooo easy to make and no glue is needed.  The rose wraps tie around the suckers with a strip of ribbon!

And now Bethany's Valentines are all ready for her second graders!  I confess that I purchased extra pencils for her stash as these kids are constantly misplacing theirs. 


Thanks for stopping by today.  I am off to work on another Valentine....

6 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute projects!!! Lee-Ann :)

Stephanie said...

This is awesome. The class will love these.

Sharon said...

Great Valentines!! The children ae gonna love these! :)

Brenda said...

Oh these are super cute Susan! I love that it has a pencil and a treat to it!! I'm sure the students will love these and I do speak from experience! lol Kids love pencils and candy!

DonnaMundinger said...

Such an adorable idea! YOU rock! xxD

Creative M said...

Cute & Yummy!