Monday, February 25, 2013

Flower Pot Bouquet With Gift Card


Hello everyone, happy Monday, which is, of course, Bitten by the Bug 2 day!  This calendar year has brought  a lot of changes to Bitten by the Bug 2, and today is no exception.  I have known for the last five weeks that today would be the final post of my dear Design Team sister, Carole.  Carole has so many crafty irons in the fire that she does not have time to tend them all.  She has decided to focus on sewing and charity work and less on papercrafting.  For more information on Carole's plans and to wish her well, visit Carole at her blog, Paper Arts.



Even with all of the changes at BBTB2, the weekly challenges must go on!  This week was my turn to select the challenge cut.  I selected the 3D rose from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I love these 3D roses and just keep finding new ways to use them.  I had been dreaming about a project similar to my card this week and the roses were the perfect opportunity to experiment on my flower pot card idea.




I used two cartridges to create this card, Art Philosophy and Walk in My Garden.  The flower pot cut came from Walk in my Garden.  I welded three flower pots together to create the base card.  In the photo below you can see an upside down pot which is attached to the two base flower pots with two welded rectangles.  The top pot flips down to create a pocket on the back of the card.  The screenshot below is of my Cricut Craft Room cutting mat.  I think this is one of those times where a picture is worth a thousand words - the photo shows exactly how the the card was created.


Once the flower pots were folded and adhesive was applied, they created not only the base card, see below, but also the pocket in the back of the card to hold a gift card!!  I love that the flowers pull out to reveal the gift card.

I used four flowers to create my bouquet, all from Art Philosophy.  The roses are cut with CTMH Smoothie color cardstock.  I also used a leaf cut from AP.


I used two sets of Close To My Heart stamp sets on this card - Card Chatter Birthday above, and Casual Expression on the tag layers below.  I used the same blue/purple (Gypsy color) cardstock on the bottom layer of the tags as I used to make the violets in the bouquet.



Here is one final look at my bouquet flower pot card.  I used several CTMH products on this project which are listed further below. 

At BBTB2 we love it when you join us in our weekly challenges.  This week use the 3D Rose on the Art Philosophy cartridge (or any 3D flower) and create your project.  Use the Linky tool under the original post at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog to add your project.  One crafter will win the Project of the Week button for their blog.





Products used in this card (click the name to visit the product in my on-line store):

Remember this is the last week to purchase the February Stamp of the Month set, Home Sweet Home.









11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fantastic, Susan. So many beautiful flowers. Love the papers and colors. You are truly a "flower child". lol

Jayne said...

Love your pot bouquet of flowers Susan and what an ingenious way of adding the gift card.
Jayne x

Brenda said...

Oh wow Susan I love your take on this popular card! I love the orginal verson, but I love yours better because I love when a card opens but I love the hidden gift card! Your roses looks fabulous as well as your other flowers. I think I will have to make this myself for a gift card that I have sitting in my room right now. lol Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

Carole Beath said...

Gorgeous..... The paper roses are fantastic.... and I love how they are presented. As always, a fabby presentation.
Carole

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness, how gorgeous are your beaurtiful flowers. I am totally stunned by your flower pot card! Thanks for showing how you made this card. Thanks again for choosing this challenge. I love making these flowers.
Caroline

Sharon said...

Oh my!!! This is most beautiful Susan!! I so love it! Your rosed are simply breathtaking as are the violets. :)

Scrapping Girl said...

This is so very beautiful! The flowers are amazing!!!!! And I love the pocket for the gift card-the screenshot was definitely worth 1000 words to show how you did it.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

The colors on the roses are stunning. I love the hidden Gift card inside the flower pot. So creative. Such a great challenge and your roses are gorgeous.

~JulieH~ said...

Absolutely stunning Susan! I love hoe you welded 3 pots together in order to hold a gift card and your roses are totally gorgeous! I did laugh at your comment about dreaming I am another that dreams in cards!
Hugs
Juliexx

shelly said...

wow susan this is fab! i goofed this challenge and though tit was flowers challenge not specifically roses. sorry about that dont know where my head was at when i wrote my notes :)