Monday, February 4, 2013

Dreaming of Spring at BBTB2


Hello everyone!  It is Monday and that means it is time for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge!  This week's challenge was selected by my wonderful and talented Design Team Sister, Carole.  Carole's challenge made me smile.  She said that Spring will come sooner or later so in anticipation, this week's theme is SPRING. 

When I think of spring so many things come to mind: Easter, my birthday, flowers, birds, warmer weather, and Spring Break!!  I used one Cricut cartridge to create my Spring project, Life's a Beach.  Because truly who does not want to spend Spring Break in a warm climate snorkeling?


I used quite a few fun cuts from Life's a Beach to create my fun underwater snorkeling adventure.  I cut fish, coral, seaweed, and star fish from the cartridge to create and embellish the under water scene.


The center image, Nellies Swim Day End of Summer by Sherri Balde, was colored with CTMH Alcohol Markers before being cut out and attached to the deep water section of the ocean card!


I added a cut sentiment onto the bottom of the card, "Dive Into Spring Break".  I finished the card with gems and stickles. 

If you have not already done so, please go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the fabulous spring themed projects created by my wonderful design team sisters.  Also please say hello to our new team member, Sarah from Live, Love and SCRAP!  We are thrilled to have Sarah join us!




11 comments:

katieo said...

Stunning. So many fun cuts. I see some new fun element every time I look at it. Nellie is colored beautifully.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Fabulous card! Love all the layers and bling for your fish eyes. Makes me want to be on spring break now. :)

Stephanie said...

Wow, Susan, you made use of so many fabulous cuts. This should be framed. It's fantastic.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW Susan! What a fab underwater scene. almost make me want to learn to scuba. Well, maybe not, but this is amazing! xxD

snappy scrappy said...

Wow...fabulous!! Lee-Ann :)

Carole Beath said...

What a wonderful scene.... oh how I love beach .... this is fabby, girl.
Carole

Jayne said...

Fab card Susan.Love how you combined so many great cuts with such a great image.
Hugs
Jayne x

joann said...

I love this card, I love all the bright colors and all the under water stuff on it. JoAnn

Brenda said...

Me, Me, Me!!! I want to be in a warmer climate now!!! lol OMGosh Susan this is a fabulous card! I love all the underwater stuff going on! My goodness I can see how much work was involved in this card! Simply facinating!!! Love that cute little snorkler, she is adorable! But it is that underwater scene that has me just mesmorized!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is so darn cute! All the cuts around the digi are awesome and what a cute fun little digi snorkling girl. Brings back memories of when my girls learned to snorkle. I love all the popping colors on this too. Super card!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Wow - so many wonderful details in your card. If I received that in the mail I would immediately frame it! Your talent is off the charts!