Monday, February 18, 2013

Amethyst Cupcake Cardd


Hello everyone!  It's Monday and that means it is Bitten By The Bug 2 day.  We have had some changes at BBTB2 this month and the changes continue today.  I am so very pleased to announce that we have a new Design Team member, Melanie Brown from Courtney Lane Designs and Everyday Cricut.  We are thrilled to have Melanie on our design team and hope you will help us make her feel welcome.

Our BBTB2 challenge this week was selected by my sweet and talented design team sister, Stephanie.  Stephanie's family has a number of February birthdays and asked that we help her celebrate by using a Cricut Cupcake or Cake cut and the February birthstone color of Amethyst, which is a pretty purple stone.  I decided to create a purple cupcake.



I used the Close To My Heart Artiste cartridge to create my cupcake.  I welded two of the cupcake solid cuts together in the "frosting" area to create my bottom opening base card, and cut the card in lavender cardstock.  I then used solid purple cardstock to cut the frosting cut and a pretty print Close To My Heart cardstock to cut the cupcake wrapper.  I used my scoreboard and and scored the cupcake wrapper lines - I liked this look better than an embossing folder.  I then used CTMH ink pigment ink and inked the scored lines.



I used one of the Hollywood stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Lana.  I stamped Lana on CTMH smooth cardstock then used Cricut Artiste to cut out the stamped image shape and the shadow cut.  I colored the stamp with Copic and CTMH alcohol markers in shades of purple and a touch of glitter pen. 


I used CTMH Chatter - Birthday stamps to stamp the tag on the front of the card and to stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment inside the card.  I added swirl pearls and gems to the frosting and CTMH Colonial White Rosette Ribbon trim to the bottom of the frosting and the cupcake wrapper.  I used pop dots to attach the sentiment and Lana's image to the front of the card.



We would love it if you would join us in this week's Amethyst Cupcake or Cake challenge.  You need to create a new project and add it your blog and the Mr. Linky on this week's post at BBTB2.  One entry will receive the BBTB2 Project of the Week button for their blog.  For more information read the BBTB2 rules on BBTB2's sidebar. 

I used several Close To My Heart products on this week's BBTB2 card.  For more information on CTMH products visit my on-line store or you can use the link in the upper right of my blog and have a catalog shipped to you. 


 This month's STAMP OF THE MONTH is called HOME SWEET HOME and is available only for the month of February.  With a $50 order you can add the stamp of the month to your cart for only $5.00!



I used the following products today - click the name to be taken to the product.

Print Cardstock

Thanks for stopping by and viewing my amethyst cupcake.  I will be back again tomorrow with a new project to share.




15 comments:

Sandi said...

love your sassy image and beautiful color, hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

Just yummy, Susan! Both the cupcake and your fabulous gal. You're rockin' the digis these days. Love it! xxD

Brenda said...

Love your big cupcake and sassy lady Susan! Your cupcake is awesome, love that paper you used for the wrapper and I love that you embossed lines on the wrapper! Your sassy lady looks fabulous with her glittery stole and her purple dress! Snazzy! Hugs!!

melanie said...

va va va voom! Check out your marker skills! Love this card!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!!! Lee-Ann :)

Creative M said...

very BEAUTIFUL!!!Yummy Too!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Carole Beath said...

What a sassy missy on your pretty purple card.... I love the chick in her regalia, and the cupcake is just devine with those wonderful flowers adorning it.
Hugs
Carole

Stephanie said...

I love your purple cupcake, Susan. That's beautiful paper and gorgeous flowers. Love that sassy diva.

Jayne said...

Love your cupcake Susan.The scored wrapper is fab and love the flower trim.
Jayne x

Caroline said...

what a cute shape card. I love the idea of using your scoreboard to create texture to the cupcake. I really like your stamped lady with an attitude and her purple eyeliner!
Caroline

~JulieH~ said...

Oh how fabulous Susan!! Love your shaped cupcake card, gorgeous trimmings and beautiful papers topped of with your fabulous lady ready for her birthday night out! Love this!
Hugs
Juliexx

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!!! I so love your cupcake shaped card!! Awesome! Love the cupcake wrapper And those great flowers. Your sassy miss is so pretty. Love the bling on the frosting, too!! :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is scrumdidilyumpcious!!! Love the shape and the papers topped with that fun sassy digi. Great idea scoring the beautiful paper you used for the wrapper. Very fun!!!!

shelly said...

i just love the sassy and vintage feel of this card and love love love that cupcake wrapper paper. great coloring too :)

Live Love and Scrap said...

Loving ur cupcake Miss Susan!!! Great idea to add the lines in ur cupcake wrapper!!!

Hugs
Sarah