Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Valentine's Day Pillow Decor





Hello everyone!  I loved my Christmas heat transfer material pillow covers so much that I decided to craft pillows for a few other holidays/events.  I began over the weekend with my new St. Valentine's Day pillow covers! 

When I had this fab idea to craft additional pillows I decided that I was far too lazy to sew my own pillow covers so I turned to the World Wide Web (i.e. Internet) to find a source for solid color pillow covers.  I ended up at PillowDecor.com where I purchased several pillow 16 x 16 inch covers in two colors - white & black.  I plan to use the black pillow covers for Halloween pillows and use the white covers other holidays.  Though if I had it to do over again, I think I would have gone with the 18 x 18 inch pillow covers. 

I used an assortment of Silhouette cuts to create my pillow.  I placed the cuts to fill the 12x12 inch design area in the Silhouette studio software.  I then opened three additional pages, one for the grey cuts, one for the red cuts, and one for the pink cuts.  I copied the cuts to their designated pages and cut the heat transfer material.  Having worked with the heat transfer material previously, the ironing process went much quicker this time.



The pillow cover above is the first of my two Valentine pillow set.  I will share the second pillow with you tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by today and letting me share my pillow cover addiction with you!!




3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute pillow!! Lee-Ann :)

Stephanie said...

Susan, I think you must be the pillow queen. They are so cute.

Brenda said...

Wow Susan I just love this pillow! You are too talented my friend!! Wanna' come decorate my teeny tiny house?! lol