Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Valentine Pillow No. 2


Hey there!  I am back with day two of my Valentine decor pillows.  Again I used the Silhouette Cameo and assorted Silhouette cut files meshed together to create this pillow as a partner to yesterday's pillow. 

Just like yesterday's pillow I used three colors of heat transfer material cut on three different mats, one mat per color.  I had a bit of trouble with the middle layer on my three layer heart flourish slipping a tad as well as slippage on the R in True Love.  Otherwise this went very well. 




 The gray Damask cuts should have been the most difficult to transfer but in fact they were the easiest.  I cut the images on reverse setting from the back so that the Silhouette cut through the backing and flocked layers, but not the acetate topping on the front of the heat transfer material.  I removed all of the negative area, leaving the damask designs attached to the acetate.  I placed the acetate front side up on the pillow front and ironed the damask designs onto the pillow.  I removed the acetate cover and, voila, it was done!

My only real error on this pillow was placing my row of cupids too low.  I wish they were up about .75 inch higher on the pillow front.



Here is a final look a the pillows side by side on the leather sectional.  They add a nice pop of color on each end of the sectional. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project to share.



3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! Decoratig up a storm again How fabulous! Love them both! xxD

Brenda said...

Man these are so cute!! Your house must be decked out so beautiful for valentine my friend! Love, love these pillows!! Would love pillows like this for my house, but my guys would ruin them in a heartbeat! lol Farmers, men...need I say more?!