Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Valentine Heart Shaped Wreath of Rose


Hey there!  Today is rose day at Busy with the Cricky!  This is what happens when you become inspired and make 57 cardstock flowers!  What inspired me you ask?  A photo of a page of just flowers in the new Close To My Heart catalog.  The flower were all so pretty and I thought they would make a truly lovely wreath.


Using three colors of CTMH cardstock: Ruby, Smoothie and Blush with the Art Philosophy cartridge I cut flower in four different sizes.  Using the CTMH guiling tool I rolled flower around and around very tightly, then released and let them relax before gluing the petals into place.  I did this over and over and over again....


From my local HL, I picked up a $3.50 Styrofoam wreath and a package of instant moss sheet.  Using the glue gun and scissors, I trimmed the moss mat and glued it to my wreath form.


Again using the hot glue gun, I started with the largest roses at the top middle of the wreath.  I placed the red roses on the left and light pink roses on the right.  I mixed the medium pink roses in on each side.


After working my way around the wreath I went back and filled in with small mum type flowers and with leaves which were also cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge.


I am so pleased with the final product. I placed it on our antique cabinet - right under the LOVE boxes.  The wreath and boxes bring wonderful Valentine's color to this area of our home, while looking lovely. 




Thanks for stopping by today. I truly hope that you like my wreath as much as I do!!



 

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! :)

DonnaMundinger said...

I can't even imagine doing all of those flowers. I think I need a quilling tool. this is absolutely breathtaking. Wanna come help me take down Christmas? LOL xxD

Jayne said...

Love your wreath Susan it is just gorgeous.
Jayne x

Look around the corner said...

wow this is so cute, i realy love it.

Eve

Rosie said...

wow beautiful


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! You have way more patience than I do!

snappy scrappy said...

Fabulous...I would've lost it rolling all those roses!! Lee-Ann :)

Stephanie said...

Susan, the wreath is beautiful.

Hrvatica said...

Stunning wreath! I admire your patience rolling all those flowers, but it was so worth it.

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is gorgeous Susan!! I was just thinking the other day that a heart shaped wreath form would look beautiful with these roses on it. You beat me to it! lol I love that you cover your wreath form with moss first, that really makes a huge difference. Well done as always!!

~JulieH~ said...

Absolutely STUNNING Susan!!
Hugs
Juliexxx

shelly said...

wow gorgeous susan!