Friday, January 4, 2013

Special Thank You Card for a Lovely Friend


Hello everyone.  I really wanted to share this Thank You card with you yesterday but I did not want the recipient to see the card on the blog before it arrived at her home! Of course I am taking a big chance and hoping she received the card yesterday (fingers crossed...).


This uber-feminine card was made for my lovely friend, Susan - who, in addition to being a fabulously wonderful person and friend, has a great name!!!  Susan is also a fabulous paper crafter so I had to work extra hard on her card.

This card was made using the Silhouette Cameo.... Yes, I am quite addicted to my Cameo.  I used two Silhouette America cut files to create this card:  1)"for you" card,  and  2) flower woodcut. 



Instead of the phrase that came with the card cut file, I used the Lavanderia font for the words "Thank You".  Lavanderia is one of my latest favorite fonts.  It is great for elegant script, but also for monograms.




The flower woodcut was designed to be larger than my cut.  However, I wanted to replace the simple flowers in the card cut file with something more elegant.  I love the flower woodcut file and with some minor trimming of excess flourishes it fit perfectly on the front of the card.  I cut the outline portion of the flower in deep red cardstock.  The background was cut with the same cardstock I used to cut the base card.


I truly hope my sweet friend Susan likes her card - she is such a darling person and I truly wanted to please her as the gift for which I am thanking her pleased me so much! 



CLOSE TO MY HEART

Remember that the new Close To My Heart catalogs are available and that we have a special for National Papercrating Month, as well as a lovely Stamp of the Month set








2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

Stephanie said...

Pretty card, Susan. That flower is a gorgeous cut.