Friday, January 11, 2013

Sassy Digi Valentine's Card


Hello everyone - I think I am having a TGIF moment.  This week has seemed extra long and have let time get away from me.  Today I am finally finishing taking down and packing away my Christmas decor.  I do hate to see it go, but soon I can pull out the St. Valentine's decorations!  With that thought in mind, I created this sassy Valentine card yesterday.


I began my card with "Seeking Lil Susie" a Heather Valinten Digi Doodle Downloadable Lil Ragamuffins.  I love all of the Digi stamps available at Scrapbook Stamp Society.  I colored the image with CTMH and Copic alcohol markers.  When I shared the card with my daughter, Bethany said "I like her; she has attitude!"


Because she does have attitude, Lil Susie would not send a subtle Valentine card.  Oh no, she would go bold!  I cut the Valentine tick-tac-toe image from the Silhouette store, adding the arrow and the phrase "Be Mine."  I also added an extra "X" to Lil Susie's hand.  If her Valentine let's her down she may knock him in the head with that over sized "X"!  Some red cardstock and simple red heart print cardstock finished my sassy Valentine card!



Thank you for stopping by Busy with the Cricky today.  I have several projects to share with you next week, including Monday's BBTB2 project and a couple of birthday cards I made for Bethany's birthday this coming weekend.  




6 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Your card is awesome! I love the Sassy girl and love how you have her holding the "x". How clever and what a wonderful design. Nicely done. Happy Friday. :)

snappy scrappy said...

So cute!! Lee-Ann :)

Rosie said...

super cute card

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Super sassy digi! Love it and the heart paper and the polka dots-fabulous combo! Love this1
thanks for stopping by my blog-appreciate the sweet comment!
Sherrie K
http;//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

lovemypaper said...

Very cute card!

Brenda said...

This card is just too cute Susan! I am in love that with cute little sassy girl! She is awesome and you colored her up so well!