Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Heart Lock Box with Flowers and a Key


Hello everyone.  Yep, here I am with yet another Valentine decor project.  The reason I have shared so many home decor project recently is that one of the gaps in my home decor stash was Valentine decor.  I seemed to skip right from Christmas and on to Easter, with a few weeks of unadorned home in between.  So this year I decided to add a few touches of red & pink Valentine love to my home.



I found this tin heart shaped box, complete with it's key tied to the handle, at HL on sale in the Valentine section.  I thought it might be a perfect (i.e. inexpensive) addition to my entry. 

I used white vinyl to cut the names Doug and Susan for the front of the heart.  I then used two different Silhouette flower cuts to create my bouquet.  Note - the flowers are very similar to those on the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge so you could use your Cricut to create a similar project.  Instead of leaves I used green hearts as leaves.


I used wooden kabob skewers as stems for the flowers.  I inserted the the skewers through the bottom of the flowers, adding a bit of hot glue to hold them in place.  I then curled the edges of the leaves and wrapped the pointed end of the leaf/hearts around the skewer.  


Above is one final look at the lock box and below is a look at the entry table and part of the mirror.  The mirror is a section of an antique door with a mirror inserted in the panel.  The antique door handle is holding a lace scarf and the other hooks hold whatever I put on them.  To complete the antique look, I use antique linens on the entry table (which looks a bit cluttered right now).


Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share.  Remember you only have two more days to order the Close to my Heart January Stamp of the Month set!!




CLOSE TO MY HEART



The new 2013 Spring/Summer Catalogs have arrived. You can order your catalog from me for $5.00 (this includes shipping). Use the link at the top right of this blog. The new catalog merchandise will not be available for purchase until February 1st.



The January Stamp of the Month is called Happy Valentine's. It is a beautiful seven piece stamp set that is prefect for cards, scrapbook page layouts, and tags.

This wonderful stamp set is available from January 1 - 31 only. Retail price is $17.95, but with a $50.00 purchase the stamp can be added to your order during checkout for only $5.00!!!



In celebration of National Papercrafting Month, we’re offering a new product, available through January only — our Whooo’s Your Valentine kit! This darling kit, which retails for $40, can be yours for only $10 when you spend $35 or more in Close To My Heart product. The kit includes 12 die-cut boxes, 3 cardstock sheets, 1 sheet of silver glitter paper, 12 treat tubes, and an exclusive D-size stamp set created specifically for the kit! Perfect for gifts and classroom projects, the Whooo’s Your Valentine kit will make Valentine’s Day a cinch!



Qualify and buy the Whooo’s Your Valentine kit today for only $10!

*Shipping and handling may apply. Offer valid November 15, 2012 – January 31, 2013. Maximum of one $10 Whooo’s Your Valentine kit per customer.

 



5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Pretty!! Love the flowers! Lee-Ann :)

Stephanie said...

Susan, your flowers look so pretty on your so cute heart box.

Pam said...

WOW! Your flowers are gorgeous!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! this is just darling! Fabulous find and so sweetly adorned. xxD

Brenda said...

Looks like I need to go to HL and have a look see around! lol I love this box!! And the added roses look so fabulous! I love it hanging off your mirror-beautiful, just beautiful!