Monday, January 21, 2013

Fontastic Valentine's Boxes




Hello everyone!  Happy MLK day AND BBTB2 Monday!  Today's Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut challenge cut was selected by our dear design team sister >>>>, who chose a theme - "Fontastic".   ???? instructed the team to use any Cricut font cut to create a project this week.  

I used a cute but simple Cricut font from the Art Philosophy cartridge to create my L-O-V-E letters.  Having taken day down all of my Christmas decor I thought my house could use a few pops of color so I have begun decorating for St. Valentine's Day.
 

I cut four different boxes using TBBM, the tallest being for the letter L.  I cut the box at 6 inches tall using Valentine cardstock from my stash and finished the box with heart ribbon.



I used the heart topped box for the letter "O".  I used a polka dot and heart cardstock from my stash to cut this box and finished the box with cute heart ribbon.


I used a basic cube box for the letter "V".  I stretched the box to add a bit of height.  I used a cute Valentine stripe cardstock for this box finished with rick-rack


For the letter "E" I used the cake box cut.  I love the shape of this box!  I used a pretty print cardstock from my stash and finished the box with xoxox ribbon.


I moved the boxes to our antique bar where they add a wonderful bit of Valentine color to the shelf of glassware.


I hope you decide to join the weekly challenge at BBTB2.  We love it when you play along.  The rules to join the challenge are in the sidebar on the BBTB2 blog.




CLOSE TO MY HEART
The new 2013 Spring/Summer Catalogs have arrived. You can order your catalog from me for $5.00 (this includes shipping). Use the link at the top right of this blog. The new catalog merchandise will not be available for purchase until February 1st.


The January Stamp of the Month is called Happy Valentine's. It is a beautiful seven piece stamp set that is prefect for cards, scrapbook page layouts, and tags.





This wonderful stamp set is available from January 1 - 31 only. Retail price is $17.95, but with a $50.00 purchase the stamp can be added to your order during checkout for only $5.00!!!


In celebration of National Papercrafting Month, we’re offering a new product, available through January only — our Whooo’s Your Valentine kit! This darling kit, which retails for $40, can be yours for only $10 when you spend $35 or more in Close To My Heart product. The kit includes 12 die-cut boxes, 3 cardstock sheets, 1 sheet of silver glitter paper, 12 treat tubes, and an exclusive D-size stamp set created specifically for the kit! Perfect for gifts and classroom projects, the Whooo’s Your Valentine kit will make Valentine’s Day a cinch!



Qualify and buy the Whooo’s Your Valentine kit today for only $10!
*Shipping and handling may apply. Offer valid November 15, 2012 – January 31, 2013. Maximum of one $10 Whooo’s Your Valentine kit per customer.


Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow with a new Valentine's Decor project to share!!



11 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Of course you decorate for V-Day! It is pretty bare when Christmas comes down. (That's why mine is still up, LOL) Darlling project, Chickie. Done some catching up here. You've been busy. xxD

L.B. said...

Love the boxes...great for display and then treat sharing for your someone special!!

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...great idea...love them! Lee-Ann :)

snappy scrappy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

OMGosh Susan what a wonderful idea! Your little boxes are so cute and festive and of course I just love the font you used! I will have to lift this idea from you to make a decoration for myself! lol Hugs!!

Carole Beath said...

At a loss for words here. This is simply wonderful. I love all those darling boxes and papers...and the font.
Carole

Stephanie said...

Great idea, Susan. I love your boxes. Great way to brighten up dreary winter. They rock.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such an adorable project for Valentines. I love the papers you used and that the boxes are all different. Love this font Susan.

Creative M said...

Super Cute Boxes!!Love it!
Have a Wonderful Day,
Migdalia

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan you certainly rocked the challenge this week! So much fabulous detail! I love your valentine decor!
Hugs
Juliexx

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This is very colorful and cute..Looking forward to Valentine's Day..Krista