Monday, January 7, 2013

Colorful Snowflake Layout with BBTB2



Hello everyone! I am sooo happy to be able to share my first Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge project of 2013. The design team has been on a two week holiday and I must say - the break seemed far too long to me!!! I missed our weekly challenges and I missed my design team sisters

This week's BBTB2 challenge was selected by me.... I challenged the design team to craft a frosty project using any SNOWFLAKE from any Cricut cartridge! I find, now that I live in the southeast, that I miss seeing the frozen sites of winter that I enjoyed in Michigan and New York. (Of course back in those days I was always ready for an end to the white stuff by March)! In South Carolina our snow falls are few and far between (it has only snowed 9 times in the 22 years I have lived here - yes, I counted!). Of course with snow being such a rare site in our area, each snow fall summons the five year old child within as if seeing their first flakes of winter!



For my project I chose to use colorful snowflakes on a white palette - a bit of a reversal on my normal snowflake ideas. I used three Cricut cartridges to create this fun two page layout: Art Philosophy, Winter Woodlands, and Everyday Paper Dolls.


I cut the large red snowflake and all of the smaller colored flakes (red, pink, green, and aqua snowflakes) with the Art Philosophy cartridge. The silver snowflakes were cut with the Winter Woodlands cartridge.



Using card stock that matched the colored snowflakes, I used this wonderful title cut from Winter Woodlands - "the magic of WINTER". I thought this title expressed the joy I feel when playing in the snow. I miss the days of snow skiing and sledding, ice skating on a frozen lake, or simply enjoying a cheery snowball fight! As cold and harsh as winter can be, it also affords us opportunities of joy we can experience in no other season.


I embellished my colorful Art Philosophy snowflakes with coordinting buttons. I also added a set of skis and ski poles to the layout using Everyday Paper Dolls. A few well placed gems and a scattering of silver snowflakes completed my layout!



Please do go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog - if you have not already done so - and check out the assortment of frosty snowflake projects the design team put together for you. We would love to have you join us in this first challenge of 2013. Simply create your project and add it under the snowflake post on BBTB2 using Mr. Linky. The rules for submission are on our sidebar so please do take a peek at those as well.

Thank you for stopping by today and letting me share my Magic of Winter layout with you!

10 comments:

Josie0602 said...

I love your design! The snowflakes are just gorgeous on your layout!

Tracy

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous LO!! Lee-Ann :)

Sandi said...

great layout Susan, hugs

Jayne said...

Fabulous layouts Susan. Love how you made the background white and the snowflakes colourful.
Jayne x

Brenda said...

Wow, what an amazing layout Susan! I love the bright colors as well as the cool snowflakes! Great pics too! We were very lucky this year and got our first snow fall on Christmas Eve making it so magical for the children. Since we've had two more snowstorms so we still have some snow laying although it is going to finish melting this week as our temps are to be in the 40's. lol I love to see the snow, but being older tend to hibernate on these long winter days.

Carole Beath said...

A wonderful LO, Susan...thanks for such a fun challenge for our first project in 2013. I love all the pop of colors on the page.
Carole

Stephanie said...

Susan this is a gorgeous layout. I love the bright colored snowflakes. I can't seem to stop looking at it. So many wonderful details.

DonnaMundinger said...

What a great layout, Susan! the colorful snowflakes look just fab, in fact I thought it was DP until I read the post. Obviously I must examine the Art Philosophy cart some more. LOL Love the new Blog look. Looking forward to the New Year and great challenges. xxD

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Beautiful snowflakes on a wonderful layout. I love all the colors and cuts you used. Great pictures and a perfect title. Thanks for the great challenge.

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Susan, I love all the details u put into this lay-out, the colors scream fun..Krista