Saturday, January 19, 2013

Birthday Treat Bags for Bethany's Students


Hi everyone.  I hope you have enjoyed our week of "Bethany's Birthday" posts.  This was an easy week for me... I did not have to make any special projects to post, except for Monday's BBTB2 post. 

Today's posts was also for Bethany's birthday, but not for Bethany.  I decided that her second graders should also get to celebrate her birthday so I made treat bags for the kids.


I used the double layer scalloped birthday tag above to decorate the bags. The base layer was cut at 3 inches, the top layer at 2.5 inches.  I used a hole punch on the tags and then using baker's twine, I attached the tags to the gift bags. 


Bethany reported that the kids were very excited for the treat bags.  In addition to liking the candy and fruit snacks, her students are somewhat pencil crazy and they loved the Angry Birds pencils!!!


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.  I will be back on Monday with a new BBTB2 project!

6 comments:

L.B. said...

Very fun and so cool for a bunch of second graders to enjoy!!

snappy scrappy said...

Super tags!!Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

Super cute treat bags Susan! Yes, kids love, love pencils! I always kept a cup full of them in my room as rewards for my reading students. You would have thought you gave them a pot of gold! lol Glad that you included the students in Bethany's birthday celebration! I bet you are making her very popular!

Stephanie said...

Cute treat bags. And the treats aren't half bad either.

DonnaMundinger said...

Bet her kids just LOVE her, and YOU!. So cute! xxD

Janice said...

Very cute. Is this from Silhouette?