Monday, January 14, 2013

Bird and Branch Challenge with BBTB2


Hey there!  Are you ready for a busy week here at Busy with the Cricky?  I have a new project to share each day this week beginning with today's Bitten by the Bug 2 weekly challenge.  Our amazing design team sister, Jayne, selected this weeks challenge - Bird and Branch.  I had fun with this challenge and I hope that you decide to join the BBTB2 design team and participate in our weekly challenge.


I used two cartridges to create this card - Art Philosophy (which is available HERE through my Close To My Heart on-line store) and Home Decor.  The branch is actually a cherry blossom cut from Home Decor, but I changed it to a "generic yellow flowering shrub"!  The frame, corner flourish, double layer flowers and the bird were all from Art Philosophy.  I could have used a branch from AP also, but I really liked this delicate flowering branch.  I cut the AP flowers and placed them over the flowers on the branch.  I think made five larger flower and used them to embellish the flourish.


This sideways view allows you to see more of layering on this card.  I did not use pop dots, but I did only add glue to the center of the flower cuts.  I finished each flower with a CTMH small gem.   I used generic light blue ribbon to finish the card.  

I did not add a sentiment because I decided to wait until I use the card so that the sentiment will match the occasion. This is just another way of keeping options open! 


Please do go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the inspiration the design has created for you this week.  We truly love your comments and your participation in our weekly challenges.


CLOSE TO MY HEARTThe new 2013 Spring/Summer Catalogs have arrived. You can order your catalog from me for $5.00 (this includes shipping). Use the link at the top right of this blog. The new catalog merchandise will not be available for purchase until February 1st.


The January Stamp of the Month is called Happy Valentine's.  It is a beautiful seven piece stamp set that is prefect for cards, scrapbook page layouts, and tags. 

This wonderful stamp set is available from January 1 - 30 only. Retail price is $17.95, but with a $50.00 purchase the stamp can be added to your order during checkout for only $5.00!!!



In celebration of National Papercrafting Month, we’re offering a new product, available through January only — our Whooo’s Your Valentine kit! This darling kit, which retails for $40, can be yours for only $10 when you spend $35 or more in Close To My Heart product. The kit includes 12 die-cut boxes, 3 cardstock sheets, 1 sheet of silver glitter paper, 12 treat tubes, and an exclusive D-size stamp set created specifically for the kit! Perfect for gifts and classroom projects, the Whooo’s Your Valentine kit will make Valentine’s Day a cinch!


Qualify and buy the Whooo’s Your Valentine kit today for only $10!

*Shipping and handling may apply. Offer valid November 15, 2012 – January 31, 2013. Maximum of one $10 Whooo’s Your Valentine kit per customer.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with  a new project to share!!

9 comments:

Jayne said...

Susan your card is gorgeous! Love the bird(great minds...hehe) and the blossom and branch are beautiful. Stunning card.
Hugs
Jayne x
Love the look of the Valentines kit....wish CTMH was available here too! :(

Stephanie said...

Love it, Susan. Beautiful bird and wonderful flower details.

Carole Beath said...

Beautiful beautiful. I love all those color pops, I love how the bird sits in the open design of the frame and that paper behind the bird is wonderful. Oh my,that ribbon just seals the deal.
Hugs
Carole

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

Your card is gorgeous Susan! I love the colors of blue and yellow so this card is working for me! lol I love how you changed up the flowers and the bird is just too pretty! The papers you used are just fabulous! Can't wait to see what else you have this week! Hugs!!

Margie said...

Oh Susan, your card is beautiful! Such pretty, pretty colors :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love the blue, yellow, white and black. The frame and bird are so pretty and love that big pop of blue with the bow.

shelly said...

gorgeous gorgeous card susan!

DonnaMundinger said...

Susan this is exquisite! The colors and papers you chose are gorgeous. Fabulous, Girlie! xxD