Saturday, January 5, 2013

Beautiful Stamped Roses Card with SOTM Set



Hello everyone.  I had not intended to post on my blog again until Monday's Bitten by the Bug 2 challege post, but I made this sweet stamped roses card and I couldn't wait to share with you!  I used the Close To My Heart's January Stamp of the Month set, Happy Valentine's, to create the front image and the inside images on this card.


I stamped the the rose bouquet stamp twice onto smooth white Close To My Heart cardstock.   Using CTMH alcohol ink pens, I colored the full image once and just the roses a second time.  Using micro-tipped scissors I trimmed around the full image on the fully colored image and I cut out just the roses on the second image.  The individual roses were placed over the full image roses using pop dots to give them a lift. 

I used a pretty oval cut from my Silhouette Cameo files with a simple oval insert as a matting for the roses.  The background cardstocks used are both by SEI.  I added a corner ribbon bow to the card, though I will admit to a bit of frustration.  I had a nice selection of pink ribbons and don't you know that not one of them was perfect for the card?  Yes, it is true.  I finally just picked one and went with it! 



I used the individual stemmed rose stamp and created a rose for the inside of the card.  I also used a sentiment stamp from the same stamp set - "with all my Heart".

 

I finished the card by adding a layer of Close To My Heart Liquid Glass over the colored stamps.  I wanted the roses to have a glossy wet look.   


The projects in the image above were all made using the month's Stamp of the Month set.  The image below shows you the stamps that are included in this set!

This wonderful stamp set is available from January 1 - 31 only. Retail price is $17.95, but with a $50.00 purchase the stamp can be added to your order during checkout for only $5.00!!!




In celebration of National Papercrafting Month, we’re offering a new product, available through January — our Whooo’s Your Valentine kit! This darling kit, which retails for $40, can be yours for only $10 when you spend $35 or more in Close To My Heart product. The kit includes 12 die-cut boxes, 3 cardstock sheets, 1 sheet of silver glitter paper, 12 treat tubes, and an exclusive D-size stamp set created specifically for the kit! Perfect for gifts and classroom projects, the Whooo’s Your Valentine kit will make Valentine’s Day a cinch!
Qualify and buy the Whooo’s Your Valentine kit today for only $10!






3 comments:

Creative M said...

WOW!Beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful, Susan. That's a gorgeous rose stamp.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Lovely card! and the other projects are so sweet. TFS.

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com