Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snow-People Treat Bag Toppers for 2nd Graders



Hello everyone!  I have the cutest snow-people bag toppers to share with you today!  Friday is my daughter's last day student teaching a second grade class.  She is making wonderful treat bags for her students, but we felt that the bags needed a fun winter topper.  Since it is not yet time for the school's holiday break, we avoided using anything that screamed C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S!  We thought these adorable snowmen and snow-women were prefect for a winter treat!




I used the Silhouette Cameo to cut the pieces for these cuties, using a cut file I found at SVG Cutting Files(just click the name to warp over to the cut file page).   I adore the sweet SVG files and cannot wait to use them for Bethany's students once she is teaching full-time!



I cut the snowman pieces in white textured American Crafts cardstock.  I inked the edges with Close To My Heart light blue pigment ink.  I assembled the snowmen and added a chilly blush to their faces using light peach chalk.



I cut snow-women in the same white cardstock but I edged the girls with CTMH light pink pigment ink.  I added eyelashes and bright pink blush to the faces.


 
I cut a fun shape in two different prints and scored them across the middle.  All we need to do is print and punch the students' names and add the toppers to the bags!   This was so much fun to make - and 20 of the bag toppers were cut and assembled in a single afternoon!


 
I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share with you!!  Thanks for stopping by today!




4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute! Lee-Ann :)

Creative M said...

Cute!Cute!Cute!

Stephanie said...

These are adorable. I love their big heads.

DonnaMundinger said...

EEEK! Precious! xxD