Monday, December 17, 2012

Santa Layout with BBTB2


Hello everyone... Welcome the final Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge of 2012!  Our design team will be taking the next two Mondays off to finish their holiday shopping, baking, wrapping, and celebrating!!  I hate that we will be gone for two weeks, BUT.... There will be some changes when we return in 2013!! 

But back to today.... Today is the final BBTB2 challenge of 2012, selected by my wonderful design team sister, Brenda.   Brenda selected a wonderful Christmas theme: Santa!  The BBTB2 challenge of the week is to create a project using any Cricut cut Santa.  You can then share your Santa project with us by linking to the BBTB2 site.

I used the Cricut Christmas cartridge - formerly known as Christmas Noel - to create a scrapbook layout.  This is page one of my two page layout. 


As I mentioned above, I only used one cartridge to create this layout.  I cut two Santa's - the first is this wonderful historic looking Santa.  I cut the Santa in red with white fur trim on a navy background.  I also cut the rocking horse.  I cut the horse in red with a navy shadow and black and blue trim. 



Again from the same cartridge I cut a 6.5 inch tall nutcracker.  Doug and I have a nutcracker collection that comes out each Christmas so to us nutcrackers scream Christmas!  I cut the nutcracker in navy blue on a light blue shadow.  The nutcracker has white and gold trim and a natural face.


The second Santa on my layout is flying off into the night in his reindeer pulled sleigh.  This is a silhouette style cut - I cut the background in light blue and the foreground in navy blue. 

I used 1.5 inch wide red and white striped ribbon as an accent.  Using large glue dots I added a bow over the main photo as well as the Dec 25 tag.  I also added a strip of ribbon on the upper left corner of the layout.


The designer paper I selected for this layout are kind of fun and yet it has a touch of tradition in the color scheme.  My daughter informed me that my layout looks like Americana Christmas with the red, white and blues.  I used a 12 x 6 inch strip of dotted cardstock, a 12 x 3 inch strip of snowflake cardstock, as well as the St Nick strip and the Jolly Old Saint Nicholas strip. 


Above is a final look a the layout page.  Please remember that we love it when you join us in the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  Complete your project using at least one Cricut cut Santa and link the project under this week's post at BBTB2!  For more inspiration be sure to go by the BBTB2 blog and check out the design team's wonderful Santa projects!

Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a fun holiday post to share.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful LO! Cricut has so many awesome Santa cuts, it's hard to choose!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous LO! Lee-Ann :)

Carole Beath said...

Oh how I love your LO, Susan. I have scrapbooked all of the photos of my son growing up so I don't have current photos. However my son and DIL just filed their official application to adopt and someday soon I will be a grandmother and I will have plenty of photos to scrapbook.
Hugs
Carole

Jayne said...

Gorgeous LO Susan.Love all the cuts but especially the nutcracker.
Merry Christmas.
Jayne x

Ashley said...

What a cute and fun layout! It would make a great submission for this week's Christmas layout challenge at Red Carpet Studio. :)

Ashley
http://redcarpetstudiochallenge.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, this layout is amazing! I love your old world Santa and the rocking horse is from an era gone by! Sure loved those rocking horses!! Your nutcracker is awesome and I love your Santa flying up and away! I really love the fabulous papers you used and the beautiful ribbon! Your layouts never ceased to amaze me!! Thanks for making this challenge an amazing one! Merry Christmas! Hugs!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What an awesome awesome layout. Love all the cuts you used. They look so gorgeous together.

Stephanie said...

First of all your l/o is wonderful. Love the old world look. Second, love every one of your tags. Now I need to explain why I haven't been regularly posting. Computer problems and finally it crashed. Now I am trying to work off my tablet. A big learning experience for me. Had no email addies to contact anyone. Just glad I had uploaded my card earlier..I am trying to catch up. Don't give up on me. Hopefully things will be back to "normal" within the week. Merry Christmas, Susan.

DonnaMundinger said...

Your layout is just fabulous, susan! so many festive cuts and I'm sure you've got tons of pix that would complete this nicely. xxD

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This is gorgeous..Love all of the details..WOW! Krista