Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year Bear


Hello everyone - happy new year's eve!  This adorable little new year Teddy Bear wants to wish you all a Happy New Year.  He crept out of his crib and is rockin' in the new year with his karaoke machine.  But bedtime is coming quickly for this little guy. 

This is one of my hybrid cards - I combined the Cricut Teddy Bear Parade cartridge with a card I designed and cut with the Silhouette Cameo, and finished with Close To My Heart stamps.



The base card, a side step card, was cut in a white, blue and brown subtle print cardstock from my stash.  I cut the doors and drawer in white cardstock.  The drawer and doors inset pieces were cut from the reverse of the base cardstock.  The drawer and door handles are gold brads.

I used the "3 way rectangle frame" from the Silhouette America store to create the mirror on the armour.  I cut the basic frame in white cardstock.  Using the shadow feature, I created a craft cardstock frame.  I added silver cardstock for the mirror. 


As I said above, I used Cricut's Teddy Bear Parade  cartridge to cut my new year baby bear.  I love this little bear; he is sooo sweet.  His diaper, sash, and hat all coordinate with the ink I used on the stamps.   I chalked the Bear's cheeks and then highlighted his cheeks, nose, eyes and hat with white ink.  The bear was then mounted onto the card with pop dots.


I cut two shapes to fit my Close To My Heart stamps and stamped the date on one shape and "let's celebrate" on the other shape before adding them to the front of the card.   I finished the card by adding the confetti cuts and the karaoke mike. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you have plans tonight for new year's eve please be safe on the roads! 

I wish you each a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013!!



4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute...love this one!! Lee-Ann :)

Rosie said...

very cute


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

Absolutely precious, Susan! Happy New Year! xxD

Brenda said...

OMGosh, this card is adorable Susan! It makes me smile and happy!! You did a fabulous job mixing the Cricut with you other machine!