Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Pillow #2 - Christmas Subway Art


Hello everyone!  As promised today I am going to share the second of my Christmas pillows.  This pillow was created using the Silhouette Cameo, flocked heat transfer material and a Silhouette cut file called "Christmas Subway Art" by Echo Park. 


I am not going to sugar coat this - this pillow took quite a while to make.  I cut the file on two different pages, grouping like colors together.  I made the made the cuts almost 12 inches wide on the page, which filled up this 16 x 16 inch pillow front nicely.  I used black, green, red and royal blue flocked material.  Aside from the weeding involved (removal of the negative areas), the actual heat transfer process took a bit of time.  I used two rulers and carefully placed one row at a time, beginning with the phrase "and a happy new year!".  The tiny script was tough to keep in place!!


Above are my two pillows side by side in the corner of the leather sectional.  I am really quite happy with both pillows and wish I had another pillow or two to decorate.... Of course that would be over-kill!  Below you can see the pillows in their actual positions on the sofa.


As for the rest of the room?  Below are a few highlight - beginning with the Christmas tree.  This is a 7.5 foot tall tree decorated with all sorts of family ornaments!  Some very expensive and some very cheap but very dear - preschool projects, girl scout projects, etc!  It is the eclectic mix that I love best about our tree!


Our fire place has a built-in area above the mantle which the builder intended to for a television.  However there were two problems - one - our TV is wider than the opening and - two - we have an entertainment center that we like.  So I added shelves inside the cut out.  The shelves rise to just over 9 feet in height, but are still a good five from the ceiling in this room.  They are great for year-round displays, but I especially like displaying a nativity and nutcrackers there during the Christmas season.  And as you can see, the socking are hung.....


The buffet in the dining room has a display of antique plates during the rest of the year, but for Christmas I replaced the antiques with Spode Christmas Tree china.  Below on the buffet is a Spode mini brass tree with mini Spode ornaments, given to me by my lovely friend Marcie!  The buffet is also home to one of the two advent calendars I have made (I still need to make a third as I have three children on to whom they will be passed).


Tonight the buffet is going to be home to a chocolate fondue display as we are hosting an open house for Bethany's college graduation!!  She will graduate on Wednesday from University of South Carolina -Aiken.   Woo-who!  That's two down, one to go!!! 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I have a busy weekend planned, starting tonight, but I will be back on Monday for the weekly BBTB2 challenge!

3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Really cute pillows...love your decorating! Lee-Ann :)

Stephanie said...

Pretty pillows. Love all your pretty Christmas decor. Enjoy tonight.

Brenda said...

Adorable pillows Susan! Everything looks so festive and wonderful-very elegant just like you! Congrats on the graduation!! And enjoy! Hugs!