Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Hurricane Holiday Home Decor


Hi everyone.  I have shared several posts in the past about using vinyl on both your candles and your hurricanes.  This is another embellished hurricane, but with a twist.  I removed the "everyday" vinyl cuts from the hurricane and replaced them with vinyl Christmas cuts!!


I used two colors and vinyl and two cuts to embellish this hurricane - a holly border from the Silhouette America store cute in green and red vinyl and the initial E.  I sized the holly border to wrap three-quarters of the way around my hurricane.  I cut the berries in red vinyl and placed those over the green cut. 


One of the best features of the Silhouette Cameo is that with it you can cut any font loaded onto your computer.  Yes, some fonts do cut better than others, but I love the variety.  I used Lavanderia Sturdy for the E on the front of my Hurricane.  There are actually three versions of the Lavanderia font, each of which works well at different sizes and for different projects.


I know that my blog posts are beginning to feature more Silhouette Cameo cuts, but I love the details and delicate cuts the Cameo can produce.  I also love that with the Cameo I am not tied to the cartridge system that Cricut uses.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back later in the week with more projects to share.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

beautiful home accent piece Susan, so festive, hugs

lovemypaper said...

OMG super cute love it!

DonnaMundinger said...

gorgeous! Hey, that's ok, just keep on enabling. LOL xxD