Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Gift Box and Tag with BBTB2


Hello everyone!  I am back from my Bitten by the Bug 2 holiday and post-Thanksgiving creativity break.  I accomplished so much during the time away - I completely recovered from a stomach virus, decorated my house, finished my Christmas shopping, planned an open house for my daughter (who is graduating for college), and yes, I crafted a few household items! 

Today I am back with a new Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge to share.  Our lovely and talented design team sister, Suzanne selected this week's challenge - A GIFT BOX or GIFT TAG.  I created this great box from the Artiste cartridge.


The box I used, as I said above, is from CTMH's Artiste.  I cut it on the 12 x 24 inch mat and cut the box at 11 inches wide and 16 inches tall.  I used Darcie's 12 x 17 inch cardstock for the cut.  I inked the edges of the box in with green pigment ink before assembling. 

The decorative label is also from Artiste - I cut the base in red and the top layer in white.  I stamped the sentiment with a Close to My Heart Christmas stamp from my stash. 



I embellished the box with a poinsettia, cut from Joys of the Season cartridge.  I cut the poinsettia at 2.5 inches and cut the top layer twice - once in red and once in a deep pink.  I off set the pink layer a bit by giving the top lay a bit of a clockwise twist before attaching it to the other layers.  I finished the flower with pearl centers.

I cut a double layer tag using Artiste and stamped the tag with Close To My Heart stamps - December 25th. 



Be sure to go by BBTB2 and check out the projects the design team has created for you.   Also please remember that we truly love for you to join us in the weekly challenge - just add your project into the Mr. Linky under the BBTB2 post.





The December Stamp of the Month is Year-Round Cheer,  a wonderful stamp set to use throughout the year.  This D-size stamp set retails for $17.95, but can be yours for $5.00 with a $50.00 order! 



Remember if you do not already own our wonderful CTMH cartridges, Art Philosophy and Artiste, perhaps Santa might be willing to "surprise" you with a CTMH Cricut Cartridge.  Just direct your Santa to my On-line CTMH store!!

8 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

What a beautiful box Susan! I love the paper you used, how awesome at the size! Your pointsettia is gorgeous too! Hugs!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Beautiful box and gift tag! Wow you've been a busy little elf. Glad your feeling better. :) Happy Holidays.

Jayne said...

Gorgeous box Susan. Love the paper and poinsettia.
Glad you are feeling better.
Jayne x

Stephanie said...

So pretty. Love the larger size of this box. Beautiful paper and I love your poinsettia, Susan.

DIANA L. said...

What a pretty gift box and tag Susan, I love it thanks for the inspiration
DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a cute gift box and love the tag. The papers are adorable. Thanks for creating with me this week.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, beautiful, Susan! that poinsettia cut was just made for that lovely paper. Gorgeous! xxD