Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Cookie Exchange Get Together


Hello everyone!  Yes, I know that I have been missing ALL week!  I have actually been busy, except for yesterday.  Tuesday I worked on recipe cards for my cookie exchange.  Due to illness and other obligations, our my turn out for the cookie exchange was low - but we did each end up with five dozen cookies.  Well, all except me.  I made two types of cookies for the exchange when my friend Ruth could not make it, so I ended up with ten dozen mixed cookies!!!  The good news is even though the turn out was low, the fellowship and cookies were excellent. 



I used my Silhouette Cameo and laser printer to create my recipe cards for the cookie exchange.  I printed my recipe on white cardstock and cut each recipe into three sections.  I put the title and ingredients on the front of the recipe card (above).  I add the other two sections of the recipe to the inside of the recipe card. 



I used the same basic Silhouette cut file for the second recipe card. On this card I added a cut out to the front middle of the card.  I manipulated the lower right corner of the square to create an inside outline around the holly leaves.  I duplicated the outside cut line and cut a solid red piece for the inside of the recipe card.  Just as with the first card I cut the recipe into three pieces, placing the title and ingredients to the front and the instructions to the inside.


And how were the cookies?  OUTSTANDING!!!  My friend Peggy and her mother-in-law made beautiful Bon bon cookies.  My hubby adores these!


My friend Susan Miller made White Chocolate Cranberry cookies which are FABULOUS!  So yummy!


Not to be outdone, because she was not, our friend Toby made Ginger Snaps! 


I made two types of cookies, Apricot Pastry Cookies and Chocolate Chip Rugelach.  Both turned out well and I have nibbled on far too many of them!


And here we are enjoying one another:  Toby, Susan M., me, and Peggy!!  Such wonderful friends and super-nice people.  I am so lucky to be friends with these ladies!!



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad ya'll had a good time. They look delicious.

Brenda said...

Looks like you ladies had a wonderful time! I love all the different cookies, they all look amazing and yummy as do your recipe cards! Very nice!!