Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Baubles with BBTB2



Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are getting closer to being ready for Christmas - only 15 days to go!  I am right in the middle of addressing my Christmas cards and though I have finished shopping, I have not yet wrapped a single gift!  I see wrapping paper, tape, ribbon and tags in my future!

Today is Monday and that means it is time for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  Our very sweet design team sister, Julie selected this week's challenge cut - Baubles!  Julie is British so let me translate - here in the US we would say "ornaments"!  Use any Christmas Bauble or Ornament on a project and share with us at the BBTB2 site.


I used the Artiste cartridge to create my card.  I cut the ornament at 3 inches tall, twice.  Using a Close to My Heart stamp, I stamped the ornament twice, once with red ink and once with green.  Using micro tipped scissors I trimmed the middle section of the green ornament and affixed it over the red ornament.  I finished the ornament with red gems and plaid ribbon.


The background holly swirl paper is by Authentique and is one of my Christmas favorites.  I also like the "O Christmas Tree" paper.  I cut an edge design strip onto which I stamped "Christmas Cheer!" with Artiste.  I added a strip of ribbon and a button accented with a Christmas tree charm.


We would love for you to join us in the weekly challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2.  Create your project using a Cricut cut ornament and link under the Baubles post at BBTB2

Thank you for stopping by Busy with the Cricky today. 



9 comments:

Jayne said...

LOL at the translation Susan!!
Beautiful card.
Jayne x

Sandi said...

susan beautiful card and ornament, hugs

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So amazing! I love what you did with the Artiste cart. One of my favorite carts now.

DIANA L. said...

Your card is beautiful I love the DP's you used
Thank you for sharing
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

I love your choice of paper.

Carole Beath said...

Susan, as always this is just elegant, elegant and more elegant. I LOVE the papers and the bauble of course.
Carole

Stephanie said...

Well, this is gorgeous, Susan. Love the way you did the ornament. Great papers, ribbon and charm.

Brenda said...

Wow Susan this card is just stunning! I love how you did your ornament, if you hadn't have told us I would have never thought you stamped your ornament! Beautiful papers too! I didn't steal the show, I think Carole stole the show with that elegant card of hers!! Hugs!

~JulieH~ said...

OH Susan your card is exquisite. I love your bauble and how you've cut and stamped and added the gorgeous gems and Oh christmas tree is one of my faves too and love your little added tree charm love this beautiful card.
Lol re translation I only realised when I did a search for bauble in Design studio had to get one of my handbooks out and find a bauble then realised they're ornaments!!
Hugs
Juliexx