Thursday, November 8, 2012

Warmest Wishes Wreath Christmas Card


Hello everyone!  With cold fall days upon us (even here in the Southeast today!) I am thinking about holidays once again.  Today I am going to share a hybrid Christmas card with you.  I call it a hybrid because while it contains no Cricut cuts, it was made using Close To My Heart stamps and a Spellbinders die cut.



I used one of my favorite stamp sets of the season - CTMH's Merry & Bright.  I know I have used this on several projects, but I just keep finding new ways to use this cut stamp set (in fact, I used the small detailed circle stamp on the background paper on last Monday's Bitten by the Bug 2 project).  For this card I used the wreath and little bird.



I used Close To My Heart's Pear and Partridge striped paper, green cardstock and smooth white cardstock.  I stamped the wreath with CTMH Topiary Green ink and colored the flowers with a CTMH alcohol marker - Cranberry.  The bird was stamped in Cranberry ink.  I added clear Stickles to the center of each of the flowers.

I hand trimmed the wreath and bird, attached the bird to the wreath and then I attached the wreath to the middle of the spellbinder die cut.  I then add a bow and attached the die cut to the card front.

I used CTMH ribbon and baker's twine to create the bow for the card.  I did not tie the ribbon, but shaped it then wrapped it with twine.  I like the smooth finished look of the bow. 



Help those affected by Hurricane Sandy


**To show our support of Red Cross relief efforts for those areas of the US severely affected by Hurricane Sandy, Close To My Heart will donate $1 for every Stamp of the Month set sold as a part of this promotion during November.**






The November Stamp of the Month is called Capture the Date. This set is fabulous and could be used for calendars, pocket calendars, scrap pages, invitations, cards, etc. I know you would love to have this stamp set as part of your stamp collection.
The SOTM retails for $17.95 but as always, with a $50.00 order, the Stamp of the Month can be added to your cart during check out for only $5.00!!!




NOVEMBER CUSTOMER SPECIAL

There is also a nice special this month at Close To My Heart: In November, you’ll get something extra when you buy the Stamp of the Month—50% off another stamp set! When you qualify for and buy the November Stamp of the Month set, Capture the Date, you’ll receive another stamp set* of your choice for 50% off—it’s like two promotions in one! The versatile Capture the Date stamp set is great for any layout, card, invitation, or calendar, and now you can choose another stamp set at half-off for more wonderful papercrafting. Get Capture the Date and then capture the savings today!

2 comments:

Pam said...

What a lovely card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

This is a very pretty card!!