Saturday, November 17, 2012

Typical Family Photos - OR - Misbehaving

 

Hello everyone.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  I had intended to share the layout, the third in the series from Megan & Dane's wedding, yesterday.  However, bedtime came upon me far too quickly and I had not written the text to accompany the post!!!  Sorry about that.


The first four pages in this series featured lovely wedding photos and nice family photos; these two pages show us as we really are!!!  My children have a difficult time with traditional "pose and smile" photography.  In other words, my children are total hams!!! I would say that I have no idea where they developed their hamming skills, but the truth is, they are very much their father and I!! 
Each of these two scrapbook pages features both stamping (Close To My Heart stamps) and Spellbinder dies.  I used a Spellbinders edge as a border across the middle of both pages.  I then cut a few other shapes with dies from the same set to use as accent pieces. 


I used the same set of CTMH stamps that I used on Thursday's pages - Family Love.  I thought the phrase "Typical Family Photo" was perfect for the right hand page.... each of the four photos has at least one family member goofing off - okay, usually Aaron, though Bethany and Mom go in the action too.   And yes, those are Typical Family Photos at our house!!

 


I did a bit of border stamping on the pages as well as used another great beaded gem flourish.  The beads are more of gray in this flourish and looks wonderful with the blacks, purples and grays of the cardstock.


The photo below will enlarge when you click on it, providing a closer view of the layout.  As with one of the previous pages, I still need to print the circle journaling for the circle tag. 


Once again, I used purple cardstock with leftovers from La Belle Vie Paper packet.  From this one package of paper (and a few extra pieces of solid cardstock) I made six 12x12 inch layouts and a card!  And I believe there is still one and one-half sheets of La Belle Vie remaining!!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back on Monday with a BBTB2 project to share... And some news!! 


Help those affected by Hurricane Sandy

**To show our support of Red Cross relief efforts for those areas of the US severely affected by Hurricane Sandy, Close To My Heart will donate $1 for every Stamp of the Month set sold as a part of this promotion during November.**


The November Stamp of the Month is called Capture the Date. This set is fabulous and could be used for calendars, pocket calendars, scrap pages, invitations, cards, etc. I know you would love to have this stamp set as part of your stamp collection.

The SOTM retails for $17.95 but as always, with a $50.00 order, the Stamp of the Month can be added to your cart during check out for only $5.00!!!


NOVEMBER CUSTOMER SPECIAL

There is also a nice special this month at Close To My Heart: In November, you’ll get something extra when you buy the Stamp of the Month—50% off another stamp set! When you qualify for and buy the November Stamp of the Month set, Capture the Date, you’ll receive another stamp set* of your choice for 50% off—it’s like two promotions in one! The versatile Capture the Date stamp set is great for any layout, card, invitation, or calendar, and now you can choose another stamp set at half-off for more wonderful papercrafting. Get Capture the Date and then capture the savings today!


1 comment:

Kathy Brockman said...

Love the mixture of embellishments on this layout, Susan!