Friday, November 9, 2012

Pansy All-Purpose Card with Spellbinder Dies


Hello everyone, happy FRIDAY!!  This week has seemed very long to me - probably because of the election - and I am looking forward to the weekend.  But first, I have an all-purpose card to share with you. 

I used Spellbinder floral die cuts and Heartfelt Creations stamps to create this card.  I began by stamping the background stamp image in medium brown ink.  Next I used the Spellbinder flower dies and cut the lose flowers on top of the card. 




Using my Close To My Heart alcohol ink markers, I colored all of the stamped image and then I cut the lose flowers.  I added a bit of Stickles to the lose flowers.  Using glue, I attached the lose flowers over the same flowers in the stamped image - created a 3-D effect.

I matted the stamped image onto black cardstock and then attached that to the front of a white card.  I then added the lace and gem piece (which I snagged on sale!!) to the bottom front of the card.  I finished the card by adding gems to the flower  centers and a few doodles to the stems. 




The reason I called this an all-purpose card is that I did not stamp a sentiment on the front or inside the card.  I purposefully left it blank so that I can match the sentiment to the occasion for which I use the card.  This could be a birthday card, a thank you card, or a thinking of you card.  But until I decide, I left it blank.

Thank you for stopping by Busy with the Cricky today.  I hope you all have a restfully and happy weekend!


3 comments:

Jovan said...

Beautiful card!

Dakota Bear said...



Pretty!









Creative M said...

Very Pretty!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Migdalia