Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hybrid Christmas Card with Two Machines


Hello everyone.  I hope you are all ready for Thanksgiving - menu decided, ingredients purchased, plans made.... I am not quite there yet, but I will be by the end of today.  I had to wait until I knew the plans of all of my children before I set anything in stone.  The Flintstone carving tools are out and hopefully everything will be set in stone soon!

In the meantime, I have been spending time in my CLEAN scrapbooking room.  I created three cards on Saturday, two of them being hybrids.  I decided that my die cut machines needed to learn to play nicely together so I combined cuts from both machines on this card. 

I started with a Silhouette Cameo cut file - the base card, background and white front cuts.  However, I really did not like the poinsettia that was part of this set.  So... I went to my Cricut.


Using the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge, I cut three snowflakes that coordinate with the CTMH SNOWFLAKE stamp set.  I cut the snowflakes in CTMH Ruby Red cardstock and stamped them with CTMH Ruby Red ink.  Using a CTMH mini pigment ink, I added a touch of Champagne ink to the edges of the snowflake/flower petals.  I then layered the snowflakes/flower petals together with glue dots and added pearls to the center to create my poinsettia!  I attached the poinsettias to the Silhouette cuts to create the finished card.


Overall, I am quite pleased with this card - I think my die cut machines played together quite nicely and look forward to their future collaborations!!


Thanks for stopping by Busy with the Cricky today.  I should be back tomorrow with another new project to share with you!


CHRISTMAS WISH LIST SUGGESTION

Many of our husbands and family members like to shop from a wish list.  Our family members often make wish lists and share with the family.  If any of you would like to add CTMH items to your wish list, you can assure those who will be shopping for you that my on-line Close To My Heart Store is very easy and user friendly.  Also there are a couple of different shipping options for on-line shoppers.  You can always include my email address on your list for any questions the shopper might have  (spartansus@gforcecable.com).

4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!! Lee-Ann :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous, Susan. that lacy mat looks fabulous with your beautiful poinsettia. xxD

Stephanie said...

Susan, this is gorgeous. The white mat is beautiful and the snowflakes make a stunning poinsettia.

Sonya said...

Stunning card!!