Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving





Happy Thanksgiving!  Here in the United States we are today is a day of Thankfulness and remembrance of the first Thanksgiving.   We are having the traditional Thanksgiving dinner at our house:  Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes gravy, sweet potato casserole, cranberry salad, rolls, pies, etc.   I will be making a couple of new side dishes on Friday to accompany the leftovers - my way of keeping it "fresh"! 



 As you can see from the photos above and below, I set the dining room table already - I figured that was one thing I could get out of the way early.  I am not using formal china, but one set of our everyday stoneware.  I like this set for Thanksgiving because 1) it coordinates with my color palette, and 2) these plates are VERY large!!



By Friday evening our house will be over flowing with family and dogs as the "kids" will be coming home.  Our Saturday evening plans include cocktails and  heavy hors devours and a family game night!  I am trying to sharpen my Wit, but I think I will be out played!

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and hope that you are able to enjoy time with family or friends.  



1 comment:

Carole Beath said...

Ah what a delightful post, Susan... I love your Thanksgiving blessings about to be bestowed upon you and yours, I giggled at the plates chosen because they are "big", and the table setting is fabulous. My kids will be cooking our traditional Thanksgiving meal and I will be pampered. I cooked for years and now it is a wonderful thing to be pampered.
Have a wonderful day, my friend.
Carole