Friday, November 2, 2012

Beautiful Christmas Tree Card


Hello everyone.  I am away for a creative weekend with my scrapping girlfriends at Lake Murray but I wanted to share a Christmas Card project with you for a bit of weekend inspiration.  I usually like very traditional colors on Christmas cards, cut this aqua, white and red card has become one of my favorites for this year!  It is so cool and wintery looking and I just love that!


I would love to tell you who makes the die for this great Christmas tree, but the truth is I do not remember.  I used the die cut while at Scrapbook Creations back in September and I forgot to write down the die manufacturer.  Oops. 

I cut the die in white Close To My Heart cardstock and then I used a CTMH marker to color the flowers and berries red.  {Like Copic markers, the CTMH markers are alcohol ink markers.  But unlike Copic, the CTMH markers are sold in set of two for $5.95 - about half of the price of Copics!} I added gems to the center of the flowers and a bit of gold Stickles to the small flowers.  I



I cut two shaped labels for the front of my card using the Art Philosophy cartridge - a white shadow cut and a dark aqua bling cardstock top layer.  I also cut the oval sentiment piece with Art Philosophy.  I used Close to My Heart stamps to stamp the tag and the inside of the card.

I finished the card with the white poinsettia from my stash of flowers.  I like how the white flower softened the card.



Hopefully I am crafting away as you read this and I will have a lot of scrap pages and other projects to share with you next week.   I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

Shopping information - click the item name for more information:

Art Philosophy Cartridge
CTMH Alcohol Ink Markers
CTMH Cardstock
CTMH Stamps



Help those affected by Hurricane Sandy
**To show our support of Red Cross relief efforts for those areas of the US severely affected by Hurricane Sandy, Close To My Heart will donate $1 for every Stamp of the Month set sold as a part of this promotion during November.**


While shopping, remember to check out the Stamp of the Month - Capture the Date. This set is fabulous and could be used for calendars, pocket calendars, scrap pages, invitations, cards, etc. I know you would love to have this stamp set as part of your stamp collection.





The SOTM retails for $17.95 but as always, with a $50.00 order, the Stamp of the Month can be added to your cart during check out for only $5.00!!!



NOVEMBER CUSTOMER SPECIAL

There is also a nice special this month at Close To My Heart: In November, you’ll get something extra when you buy the Stamp of the Month—50% off another stamp set! When you qualify for and buy the November Stamp of the Month set, Capture the Date, you’ll receive another stamp set* of your choice for 50% off—it’s like two promotions in one! The versatile Capture the Date stamp set is great for any layout, card, invitation, or calendar, and now you can choose another stamp set at half-off for more wonderful papercrafting. Get Capture the Date and then capture the savings today!


* Offer valid for A-E and M size stamp sets only; K-size, Workshops on the Go®, Cricut® collection, and Stamp of the Month stamp sets are not eligible for this promotion. Maximum of one 50% off stamp set per order.




Offer valid November 1–30, 2012


3 comments:

Beckie said...

Fabulous card. Love the tree with your red and bling additions.

Be blessed, Beckie

Nathaly said...

I love your card, Susan. I went through your blog and saw some other nice creations. I'll come by more often. Nathaly

raj kumar said...

They show how much time and effort you have put in only to make this Christmas message special.
christmas cards online