Tuesday, November 27, 2012

3-D Hybrid Christmas Card in Silver


Hello everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed Cyber-Monday.  I had already finished my Christmas shopping so I just grabbed some goodies at the Silhouette store - nice 40% off sale going on there through the 30th.  I also downloaded about 80 Silhouette cut files - they were 50% off.  Amazingly I still have about $45 in credit.  And as I type this post on Monday night, I am debating grabbing Cricut's cute Teddy Bear digital cartridge while it is 30% off.  Otherwise, I managed to behave myself on Monday!!


Today's Christmas card was made for one of my neighbors, because clearly this card will not mail well.  It is one of my hybrid cards - Cricut Expression 2 + Silhouette Cameo = creative time in the craftroom!   I began with the lacy poinsettia card from the Silhouette store.  I cut the base card and the white front and lace edge in smooth white cardstock.  I used grey diamond bling cardstock for the matting and a strip of aqua cardstock instead of ribbon across the front of the card.

I cut four Christmas ornaments from the Cricut Artiste cartridge and heat embossed them with silver superfine embossing powder.  I added gems to the decorative band across the middle of the ornaments.  I then glued the four ornaments together, back to back, and glued the ornament to the front of the card (where the poinsettia would normally go). 

Inside the card I used Aqua ink to stamp a Christmas sentiment.  I will attach this card to a home baked gift for my neighbor!


Are you still looking for a great Advent Calendar or holiday craft kit?  I am re-posting the Advent Calendar I made using the Close To My Heart Advent Calendar Workshop-on-the-Go.   The basic kit is actually VERY easy to create - and with a little extra creativity you can take the kit a little further.  Click HERE for more information on the Advent Calendar kit.



HELP THOSE AFFECTED BY HURRICANE SANDY

**To show our support of Red Cross relief efforts for those areas of the US severely affected by Hurricane Sandy, Close To My Heart will donate $1 for every Stamp of the Month set sold as a part of this promotion during November.**



NOVEMBER STAMP OF THE MONTH


The November Stamp of the Month is called Capture the Date. This set is fabulous and could be used for calendars, pocket calendars, scrap pages, invitations, cards, etc. I know you would love to have this stamp set as part of your stamp collection.


The SOTM retails for $17.95 but as always, with a $50.00 order, the Stamp of the Month can be added to your cart during check out for only $5.00!!!


NOVEMBER CUSTOMER SPECIAL


There is also a nice special this month at Close To My Heart: In November, you’ll get something extra when you buy the Stamp of the Month—50% off another stamp set! When you qualify for and buy the November Stamp of the Month set, Capture the Date, you’ll receive another stamp set* of your choice for 50% off—it’s like two promotions in one! The versatile Capture the Date stamp set is great for any layout, card, invitation, or calendar, and now you can choose another stamp set at half-off for more wonderful papercrafting. Get Capture the Date and then capture the savings today!






2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful card...love the advent calender! Lee-Ann :)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card. I love the ornament.