Friday, October 12, 2012

Wedding Card with Silhouette Cameo


Hello everyone!  Remember a couple of weeks ago when I shared the hurricane that I made for my son Aaron's college roommate and his new bride (see photo below)?  I used a split alphabet M and added Michael and Christie's names to the middle of the split.  Well what I did not share with you at that time was the wedding card I made for Michael and Christie.  Along with the hurricane, Aaron gave the happy couple this beautiful wedding card!


The card was SUPER-EASY to make using the Silhouette Cameo.  The entire cut file was downloaded from the Silhouette store.  The file consists of two cuts - the base card and the intricate topper.  I resized the two elements together, then moved the topper piece to a separate cutting page.  I cut the card in a creamy/beige/yellow color of card stock.  I then cut the top piece in pure white card stock.


I used a set of wedding stamps from my stash and added the "Congratulations Mr & Mrs" stamps to the front of the card.  Inside I added a floral embellishment stamp and left plenty of space for Aaron to write a personalized message to his friends.

I was very pleased with both the card and the wedding gift  - so much so, in fact, I plan to make a similar project for the bride and groom of the wedding in which Aaron  is a groomsman later this month!!


Thanks for stopping by Busy with the Cricky today. 



7 comments:

Sandi said...

Susan, beautiful and elegant, great job with the Cammie, I will have to remember this one, hugs

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful card...wow! Lee-Ann :)

Nana Donna said...

Beautiful card, I love how intricate the Cameo can cut. Love the hurricane you made what a nice gift.
Nana Donna's Card Dreams

Lucy said...

Wow...I really love that card. I recently purchased a Cameo and I love it.
I just looked in the Silhouette Store and couldn't find that card.
Would you be able to post the link or tell us the name of the person that created it so I can search and find it.
Thanks a lot

Linda Geringer said...

hi Susan. I love the card. I too recently bought a silhouette and was wondering where I can find this design. Thank you

Susan Edwards said...

Hi Linda,

This card can be found in the Silhouette America store under the name “card with filigree frame” by Samantha Walker .

I hope this helps!

Susan

Susan Edwards said...

Hi Linda,

This card can be found in the Silhouette America store under the name “card with filigree frame” by Samantha Walker .

I hope this helps!

Susan