Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tweeting You A Merry Christmas



Hello everyone.  This post could be titled "Simple Card Day Two" as this is the same card design as yesterday's Eek! card.  Three banner strips, a shaped tag cut, and fiber embellishment.  Another of my easy cards.


I do have a confession about today's card:  I did not have any small print damask print paper (in red and white) while I was making this card so I punted.  I used a tiny damask stamp and repeatedly stamped the image onto my white cardstock strips.  Yes, that did slow down my 30 minute card a bit!  I finished the strips by inking around the edges with the same red ink.

I used CTMH inks and stamp set to stamp the tag images.  I used the Merry & Bright stamp set below for the bird and the branch.  I then used pop dots to affix the shaped tag to the card front. 


I thought this card could use a touch of fiber, but twine seemed too casual for the damask stamp.  I found this great gold mesh ribbon and it added the perfect bit of glitz to the card. 

The simplicity of this card makes for easy reproduction.  You could easily stamp different images onto the shaped tag for a variety of Christmas cards.  You could change the background papers or the base card color.  And of course, like I did today, you can mix up the fibers used.  And best of all, with only a slightly raised tag and a knot in the fiber, this card should mail well.



Thanks for stopping by today and viewing my simple card, day two.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share.  However, it will NOT be day three of this theme!!




1 comment:

Beckie said...

Super pretty. Great stamp set.

Be blessed, Beckie