Monday, October 15, 2012

Save the Ta-Ta's


Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful fall day!  Today I am sharing a special Bitten by the Bug 2 blog challenge - Breast Cancer Awareness.  Breast cancer awareness is a problem that is near and dear to our hearts (not just because of the location of our breasts!) but because so many of our sisters, mothers, daughters, aunts, friends, scrapbook buddies(!) have been victim to this type of cancer.  Given that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I am so thankful for my BBTB2 design team sister Brenda for selecting this weeks special challenge!



I used three cartridges to create today's card, Save the Ta-Ta's!  The base card was cut with Close To My Heart's Cricut Artiste Cartridge, the bras were cut with Life's A Beach, and the clothes line was cut with Sweethearts.   The bras were created by welding a bathing suit top from Life's a Beach to two arch shapes. 



My sentiment, Save the Ta-Ta's, was created in Microsoft Word using WordArt.  I then printed the sentiment in pink ink on white cardstock.  The cardstock was carefully positions and cut with Cricut Artiste to fit the banner.



This card was sitting on my coffee table last Saturday when one of my friends dropped by.  She liked the card so much that I gave it to her to take home.  She immediately told me that she is sending it to her cousin...  My friend was so happy to have the card to send and I was so happy to share it with someone for whom it would have special meaning!



Thanks for stopping by today.  I have a project filled week planned for you here at Busy with the Cricky so be sure to stop back by.  Also remember that the Bitten by the Bug 2 design team loves it when you play along with our weekly challenges.  For all of the details on how to do this, visit the BBTB2 Blog.

One more thing:  Please do self-breast exams and please get an annual mammogram!!!


8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love your sentiment. Love your "bra-line." This is really cute. Susan, I think I would have known this was yours.

Jeri said...

Super fantastic design, Susan. I love it!

Brenda said...

This card is so cute Susan! I love how you made the bra's look like they are hanging on the clothes line-so clever to add the "arc" to the swimsuit top!! Love the sentiment, this is one my DS says all the time, lol. I love your card base and your fabulous colors too!

Nana Donna said...

OMG that is adorable, perfect down to every detail

DonnaMundinger said...

Great papers, design and sentiment, girlfriend. Made me giggle! Laughter can be the best medicine. This is perfect. xxD

Carole Beath said...

Giggle, inspirired, ....just absolutely love this card and I am so glad you gave it to someone who will cherish it.
Carole

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is so adorable and cute. LOve each and everyone of the tata holders. You really did a great job on this challenge.

Jayne said...

Fantastic card Susan.love your style.
Jayne x