Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ornament Gift Bag Set


Hi everyone.  Today I have another Christmas gift bag and gift tag set to share with you.  You may recognize the ornament on this bag from my Christmas Card workshop cards.  I made two more of the red and green ornaments to use on this green gift bag.  

The ornaments and the gift tag were cut using the Close To My Heart Cricut Artiste cartridge and the images were stamped using this CTMH September Stamp of the Month - Very Merry Christmas.  To create the ornaments, I cut four ornaments with the Cricut.  Two of the ornaments were stamped with red ink and two were stamped with green ink.  Using micro-tipped scissors, I trimmed out the band section of the green ornaments and adhered them over the band section of the red ornaments.  Small gemstones were then added to the ornaments.




For the tag, I cut two tags with the Cricut.  I used one of the ornaments as a mask to stamp on the other tag.  I carefully cut the mask tag to line up with the stamp.  I blocked the middle section of the tag (in the photo above) so that only the top and bottom flourishes stamped in red. 

Nest the top and bottom sections of the mask tag were placed over top of the red flourish stamps.  I then stamped the tag using the green ink so that only the middle section printed.  I could have used alcohol markers to color my stamps, but I was afraid I would be too slow and the colors might not be even.



I used red and white twin to create a faux hangers for my ornament.  I also used red and white ribbon on the tag to coordinate with twine.   I used pop dots to attach the ornaments to the bag. 

I have quite a nice little stash of Christmas gift bags growing.  I can't wait to use my unique gift bags this year!


CTMH's Very Merry Christmas Stamp of the Month set is perfect for all of you Christmas crafting needs.  This one stamp set will create cards, tags, scrapbook pages, treat bags, gift bags, etc.  This great stamp set is available this month ONLY.  It retails for $17.95.  Or with a $50.00 CTMH order (like one of our great Cricut Cartridge!) you can add the Stamp of the Month to your cart during check out for only $5.00!!!




Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share!




2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Really pretty! Lee-Ann :)

Rosie said...

very pretty gift bag

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com